HD Event Channel - HD NBA Game

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
I thought that if one had the AEP and the HD Pack that the NBA HD game on the HD Event channel would be available to watch. I get a message that the game is $0.00 but it won't let me watch it.

ROLLTIDE said:
I have had the same problem with some games. My 6000 lets me watch them and my 811 doesn't

I have the 811 also. I called Dish but I got a CSR that had English as a second language and he couldn't understand my problem. I would have realy liked to see the game tonight. C'est la vie.

ROLLTIDE said:
I have had the same problem with some games. My 6000 lets me watch them and my 811 doesn't

If you go into Purchase Info on your menu, you should see the NBA package with $0.00. It takes a few hits for it to come on. When it does, you'll be able to view the NBA-HD games as they telecast. It took 2 weeks for mine to get it. I called Dish and they wanted to replace my 811. I knew better. The CSR did magical BS and nothing happened. 2 weeks later, it just appeared.

I dont have the AEP package, just Top 150 with HD & HBO, but mine was showing at $0.00 too. I kept trying to get it to come on but it wouldnt. Am I entitled to get this with my package level?

MrDRC said:
I dont have the AEP package, just Top 150 with HD & HBO, but mine was showing at $0.00 too. I kept trying to get it to come on but it wouldnt. Am I entitled to get this with my package level?

I think the this channel is INCLUDED with AEP. However, it would make sense to allow PPV.

After finally receiving my 811 after multiple canceled appointments, I finally got my receiver about ten days ago. One of the first things that did after getting my receiver was I purchased the multi-sport pack with NBA TV, so I could enjoy their HD broadcast on the HD Events Channel. ANYONE WHO CURRENTLY RECEIVES NBA TV CHANNEL 402 HAS A QUALIFYING PACKAGE TO BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE NBA TV HD BROADCAST ON THE HD EVENTS CHANNEL.

Here is a link to the schedule: http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/NBATVHighDef/

So last Monday I try to view the HD broadcast of the Blazers and Wizards and I get the In Demand message to purchase the game for $0.00. I call customer service and after several times of being put on hold, they come to the conclusion that yes I should be receiving the game, but there is an update to the system that only goes out once a week on Fridays, and once that is completed I will be able to watch the games.

So I accept that and I look forward to the Suns and Knicks last night. Same deal. I get the In Demand message to purchase the game for $0.00. When I select OK it just bumps me back to the guide. If I try to turn the channel I get a message 29 order from dish demand. I then call customer service, that bumps me to technical help, that bumps me to advanced technical help. After advanced technical help is unable to enable me to watch the game, she says she must send me an authorization that may take up to 24 hours to receive, and that once received, should clear this up. I will see tomorrow...........for the Spurs at the Jazz.

While I had the tech on the line she reassured me they were working on the 811 dark ouput software upgrade, I notice mine through DVI. I also brought up another issue that I have not seen mentioned and that was stuttering video while watching things that are moving quickly,ex. a basketball game. I get about a second pause in the video every five minutes or so. I have never noticed it on any other receivers. So I am starting a log on what channels I experience this on, so that they can troubleshoot from there. I am really beginning to tire of Dish's incompetence. :mad:

I could not receive tonight's NBA TV game on the HDevents channel, Spurs and Jazz, so I gave tech support a third shot. This time the tech informs me I cannot pick up the NBA TV HD feed because I do not have a second dish. :( They do not know when they will move these games to the 110 location.

Duckboy said:
I could not receive tonight's NBA TV game on the HDevents channel, Spurs and Jazz, so I gave tech support a third shot. This time the tech informs me I cannot pick up the NBA TV HD feed because I do not have a second dish. :( They do not know when they will move these games to the 110 location.

whoa, whoa, whoa, the Special Events channel is already on 110. They took it off the wings weeks ago. Call 'em back...

ok guys here is the deal, There is a special hit that your 811 needs to recive on the friday before the game..if you did not have your 811 hooked up at that time or for some reason it wasnt picking up the hit you will not get the game and there is NOTHING a CSR can do about it.. However if u complain loud enough you can get ahold of advanced Tech support there is a select few that can send u the signal at any time but I must repeat this A CSR WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU! Not even all of advanced tech support knows about this so if you do get ahold of them and they dont know tell them to ask there supervisor. _good luck

I believe you need to have the NBA channel to get the HD games. You have to either subscribe to the NBA pass, have AEP, or have the $5.99 sports package. I could be wrong though.

nuts4scuba said:
I believe you need to have the NBA channel to get the HD games. You have to either subscribe to the NBA pass, have AEP, or have the $5.99 sports package. I could be wrong though.

I beleive you get it as part of the HD package as well.

I guess I'll find out this Friday, I have the HD package obviously if I have the 811... how much is the AEP and what all does it get you?

I am curious if anyone is getting the NBA HD with an 811 and one dish pointed at 110. I've tried Dish technical help four times and I still cannot watch the NBA HD special events broadcasts. Thanks.

Duckboy said:
I am curious if anyone is getting the NBA HD with an 811 and one dish pointed at 110. I've tried Dish technical help four times and I still cannot watch the NBA HD special events broadcasts. Thanks.

Yes i have a dish 500 system and get the special events channel.. I have AEP and the HD pak.. Oh yes and i too have the 811.. I had to wait two weeks for my macro hit to my reciever.. If you get nbatv you are able or should be able to get SE channel.. Ther are a few different combination you can have .. If you have multi sports and the HD pak. If you have the NBA pak and HD pak.. If you have A top 180 and above with HD pak.. I know for sure if a person gets lucky enough and get the right csr that they can hit the reciever with the Macro update.. I do not understand why this takes so long but i have only been with dish for 3 month and counting. Hope this helps..

I get the same message about $0.00 and can't get the game,sends me
back to the guide everytime.I have a 6000 and the HD pack,so it's not
just the 811 doing it. :confused: