HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!

But the DIRT is acting like “virtual agents”, and not doing anything. They don’t read what is actually written. Look at Facebook. They are terrible. Customers will say “I know Apollo owns my locals and are taking advantage. Can you tell me another way to get my local”, and they respond with their copy and paste BS, saying “Apollo chose to remove at these unprecedented times for higher rates”. No crap, that wasn’t the question. And when it is responded to by the original poster, they copy and paste the same thing. At this point, if I were Dish, I would fire the entire American based Dirt team, save some money, and job it out to the overseas folks. Gonna get the same answers, just paying substantially less. OR.... they could just go back to hiring competent, knowledgeable people, and actually encourage them to shine. There is a hell of a thought.
Sorry for my tirade. I am a little frustrated with DIRT and their lack of skills, listening and overall competence. They are a crap team, now. And you know it’s bad when it is me of all people saying it.

.... they could just go back to hiring competent, knowledgeable people, and actually encourage them to shine. ...
But... but... Isn't that exactly what they are doing now? Someone recently started a thread with a quote from Erik Carlson that includes this line:
"Together, we celebrate and elevate those who work hard to put DISH in a position for victory."
(Okay, I'll turn my sarcasm mode off now... Psych!)

... They are a crap team, now. ...
Hmmm... so that's why the name of the team was changed to the Customer Response Assurance Program. :D

Anyway, the whole reason why I was searching for this thread (when I noticed that it had "disappeared") was so that I could make a comment about how honored I feel to have actually gotten a response from Dish Support (twice!) about my Tennis Channel question, while they have not bothered to respond at all to the many, many complaint threads about the ongoing Joey pixelation issue. I already made that comment at the beginning of my new thread about Tennis Channel in Welcome Pack. Still, I feel glad to finally be able to put this comment in the appropriate thread, where people can now actually see the responses that I got from Dish Support, and my replies back to them.

The good news is that the temporary "deletion" of this thread did get me to start that new thread, where others with Welcome Pack have confirmed that they are also receiving Tennis Channel HD. However, a few others in that same thread are not receiving Tennis channel with their Welcome Pack subscription. So, the mystery deepens...

Just curious, and I wasn’t following to closely so I apologize if I am incorrect, but didn’t we determine WA customers were getting it, but not EA customers? As far as the actual antenna they are physically using(or even the layout that is listed in Dish system).

Just curious, and I wasn’t following to closely so I apologize if I am incorrect, but didn’t we determine WA customers were getting it, but not EA customers? As far as the actual antenna they are physically using(or even the layout that is listed in Dish system).
No, that does not seem to be the pattern. (If there is one.) In fact, I started it off with my sister's account, which is Eastern Arc:
...Also, I just noticed today that my sister is getting Tennis Channel HD (channel 400) with her Welcome Pack subscription. She is only getting the HD feed, which probably makes sense, since she is on Eastern Arc. ...

Then, the next person to confirm it is on Western Arc, getting both feeds:
I have the Welcome Pack and on WA and I'm getting chan. 400 in both SD and HD (129).

That was followed by two posts from people who are not getting Tennis Channel:
No Tennis Channel for me. Though I'm getting those Sex Ed channels in the upper 400s. ;)
I have the Welcome Pack.

And no, I also do not have the Tennis Channel.

Finally, we have one person who is getting Tennis Channel with Flex Pack on Eastern Arc with a ViP222k, but maybe not getting it at home with a Wally:
Wife and I are camping this week and noticed that I'm receiving tennis channel 400 & 9442 on eastern arc with vip222k with flex pack..not listed on flex pack either.. I'm almost sure my Wally at home didn't have the channel..I did re-hit my receivers on mydish app once I setup the dish

This one is especially interesting, since my sister is getting Tennis Channel HD with a Wally, but I am not getting it with a ViP222k on Eastern Arc. (On the other hand, I have International Basic, not Welcome Pack, so maybe I am not supposed to get it.)

So, without any further information, my best guess is that the customers who are paying the higher non-grandfathered rate for Welcome Pack (like my sister) are receiving Tennis Channel. (HD-only on Eastern Arc, or both feeds on Western Arc) Meanwhile, long-term Welcome Pack subscribers who have the grandfathered lower rate are not getting the benefit of any newly-added channels. (Or maybe Tennis Channel is the only new Welcome Pack channel that is missing.) To confirm this, could the Welcome Pack subscribers who posted above (originally posted in the new thread) please reply here, posting what your monthly rate is for Welcome Pack? Thank you.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the Grandfathered rate. I'm paying $30.99 + the DVR fees and other add-ons. I know it doesn't matter, but my dish set-up is old school D500 with DPP Twin and a D300 pointed at 129.

Reactions: pattykay
Just back from camping...My Wally and vip211k @home along with the 222k are all receiving tennis channel.. Camping on eastern arc and home I'm on 61.5,110,119,129.. Again I have flex pack but I'm definitely not on any grandfathered rate..I dropped my Dish account last yr and switched to Pay as you go RV account..

I'm pretty sure I'm on the Grandfathered rate. I'm paying $30.99 + the DVR fees and other add-ons. I know it doesn't matter, but my dish set-up is old school D500 with DPP Twin and a D300 pointed at 129.
Yes, that is the grandfathered rate. I looked it up from my earlier post when the last rate increase was first announced:
To update my answer, the new pricing effective January 14, 2020 is $30.99 per month for grandfathered subscribers and $34.99 per month for all other Welcome Pack subscribers. So, a $5 per month increase either way. :(
So, there goes my theory. What equipment is being used clearly doesn't matter (nor should it) and we now have both grandfathered and non-grandfathered Welcome Pack subscribers receiving Tennis Channel, but still not all Welcome Pack subscribers, apparently. If anyone else has any guesses, feel free to post them. I'm stumped.

It has been awhile since I last updated this thread. As I already posted in a new thread recently, ShopHQ HD has been added to Welcome Pack on channel 244, but the HD feed is apparently only available on Eastern Arc.
HD feed removed from Welcome Pack!

244 ShopHQ HD (Eastern Arc) has been converted to just another MPEG-4 SD channel. :(
Other Changes
244 SHPHQ ShopHQ 72.7° TP 7 SD MPEG4 Hidden – (was HD Hidden)

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
  • Love
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)