HD Football

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vvovv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Hi,
I get the football package every year but thinking of going HD
My ? are
what satellite is HD football on
I like to own my own equipment can I buy a hd receiver at a yard sale and own it

Hi,
I get the football package every year but thinking of going HD
My ? are
what satellite is HD football on
I like to own my own equipment can I buy a hd receiver at a yard sale and own it
Sunday ticket is over for this season so the answer won't be known till next year for HD broadcasts.
There is no reason to own the HD DVRs but if you want to own get the RID#(receiver identification number) and call D* to be sure the receiver is owned and dosen't have an outstanding balance owed on it. The receiver needs to be MPEG4 so anything before H20 or HR20 is no good. Most were made and "SOLD" after March 2006 so only a small percentage are owned instead of leased.:):):)

ok I didn't they moved it around from sat to sat
I know standard package is on 101 but I looked at Lynsat and can't find it
Just don't want another dish on my roof

The MPEG4 HD channels and core SD channels are on 99/101/103. So if you have service now with just the 101 dish chance are good that the new Slimline 3LNB would also be able to see all three slots. The exception is if your SD locals are on 119 or you want some international programming that's also on 119.

Don't know the advantage of owned vs. leased, you're going to pay the same extra receiver charge (owned=additional receiver, leased=lease fee) of $4.99/month. As the prior responder said, only the early H20's, sold from fall 2005 to March 2006, are owned all others are leased. The exception is the HR21-Pro which is a purchase only and is about $600 IIRC.

An advantage of just going to DirecTV for the upgrade is you might get a deal on the receiver cost if you're a good customer and they will install the dish and whatever switches, if needed, as part of the upgrade for no extra charge.

Advantage would be you don't need to have a 1 yr commitment with them
you can turn off an on service at will

Didn't know they changed it to 2 years that sucks...

I hate that commitment stuff and leasing

that must have just changes cuase I added a own receiver in August and no commitment was required at all..
They also gave me a option for a better package with a 1yr commitment.

Actually , any H series rec has a 24 month commitment (advanced equipment).

Every once in a while you'll hear about someone not having a commitment, but it's real rare. If you just replcing a already existing rec. you should not have a new commitment, but if you are adding a rec. then yes there should be a commitment.

Regardless whether it's owned or leased, makes no difference.

Again, the chances of finding an HD receiver (H2x or HR2x) at a yard sale that's actually owned are virtually slim to none. There are a few H20's bought when they first came out that are owned, I know since I have one, but there aren't many and those of us who own them usually don't sell them. Owned HR20's or newer models are really, really rare. Look through the threads here and other DBS forums, there are many horror stories about buying a unit from a private seller only to find out you've just acquired a leased unit that the original "owner" had no business or right to sell.

Again, the chances of finding an HD receiver (H2x or HR2x) at a yard sale that's actually owned are virtually slim to none. There are a few H20's bought when they first came out that are owned, I know since I have one, but there aren't many and those of us who own them usually don't sell them. Owned HR20's or newer models are really, really rare. Look through the threads here and other DBS forums, there are many horror stories about buying a unit from a private seller only to find out you've just acquired a leased unit that the original "owner" had no business or right to sell.

Not to mention the cost you probably paid to own the first HR20's.

Jimbo

NFL Ticket in HD
has to be on 103 Spaceway 1 & DirecTV 10
I can't find a definite answer but looking around it is the only option.

NFL Ticket in HD
has to be on 103 Spaceway 1 & DirecTV 10
I can't find a definite answer but looking around it is the only option.

Hmmm, why couldn't it be on Spaceway 2 or Directv 11 at 99?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)