Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Have you seen D*'s new promotion.... I think this is a winner!!!

Free HD in every room, plus up to 1 HD DVR, and 3 HD recovers for free for whole home. On top of that you get every movie channel for free for 3 months.

Note: one must sign up for CC Autopay.

Noticed the other day while running an order on the retail care site there was some kind of instant rebate for a 2nd hd dvr. Don't see anything on directv.com about it. Our dma is already all mpeg4 so it is a win win for everyone now.

I'm pretty sure I saw a $100 instant rebate for the 2nd hd dvr. What were they before, $199?

List price is $199. But most of the offers over the last year or so would allow for a 2nd HDDVR @$99, and various numbers of straight receivers for free.

Nice, with them running something like this for new customers I should finally get around to seeing what they can do for my several year old account in good standing at my parents house that's rocking a DirecTivo and an R15, the latter of which is connected to a 40" HDTV.

It would be nice if they included current subs who have sd. I would upgrade the d11, as it is the last sd receiver in the house and add mrv. Upgrading their sd receiver(s) to hd for free, it would give many current subs who are thinking of leaving a big reason to stay with D*.

It would be nice if they included current subs who have sd. I would upgrade the d11, as it is the last sd receiver in the house and add mrv. Upgrading their sd receiver(s) to hd for free, it would give many current subs who are thinking of leaving a big reason to stay with D*.

You may be able to get a free upgrade. My dad did recently, he tried to get out the 2 yr agreement, but couldn't. He did say they did the upgrade for free. Might be worth a call. A few days after the upgrade he calls and said his service has no signal. There are many states between us, so I wasn't much help to him. Anyway D* comes back out after him raising holy moly with them. Come to find out he had his TV on the wrong input. I almost hit the floor with laughter.

I wish they would give us some of the benefits for staying with them. I'd sign up for another 2 year commitment for some of the current new sub offers.

I don't know what is going on but this lady I recently signed up on D* said she had paid Charter over $700 since august for triple play services & they claim she still owed over $400. Either way they lost a customer to D* & century link for phone/internet. It would be nice if D* had some type of customer appreciation promotion instead of all the goodies going for newbies.

Just got off the phone with Directv. As I am considered a loyal customer, they are sending me a FREE HD-DVR receiver to replace my last SD receiver on the account. Can't wait!!!

I wanted to trade in an HD receiver for a 2nd DVR. $199 they say. I say nope. I want it cheaper. "Peggy" said, call back next week!
LOL

Here's what really going on. DTV does not want to have to support D11/D12 any more. They pretty much stoped production runs on D12s/R16s and that was 3+ months ago before the happiest day of my life so far. So it only makes sense to put out HD receivers which leads to the 2nd deal that dtv wont be charging hd fee eventually it will just go away. As HD is the new Standard.

stonecold said:
Here's what really going on. DTV does not want to have to support D11/D12 any more. They pretty much stoped production runs on D12s/R16s and that was 3+ months ago before the happiest day of my life so far. So it only makes sense to put out HD receivers which leads to the 2nd deal that dtv wont be charging hd fee eventually it will just go away. As HD is the new Standard.

Its about time ....
As for the HD Fee going away, been suggesting that would happen for several years now, let hope its soon.
At the Feb/March increase would be the right time for this to happen.

Good to se ya around SC, how's thing bee going lately ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

It is a good deal, hopefully its a promo that will stick for a while, for those that may have two or three TV's with HD, this does cut back on the inital equipment cost

Hopefully they stick with keeping there reciever fees where they are at .To me this gives them such a advantage over other companies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)