HD FOR HAWAII & ALASKA

mboron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Alaska
Does anyone know the long range plans for HD in Alaska and Hawaii? I know we aren't a huge market, but we are paying customers. I see all this advertisement for a 100 HD channels, turbocharge, etc, but the reality is we get just a few HD channels off 110. Worst those of us in the bush are stuck with the crappy All-American distant networks. "D" offers all kinds of HD including networks in AK, so here's to hoping "E" will match it sometime soon. (I can't get "D" because of LOS) Any info would be appreciated--I don't have any dealers near me, and the ones I have called don't seem to know.

I am not sure but I would bet since Ceil-2 will transmit with more power, AK & HI will then be able to receive 129 once the new bird is operational.

I am not sure how far north into AK this will work though.

I am not sure but I would bet since Ceil-2 will transmit with more power, AK & HI will then be able to receive 129 once the new bird is operational.

I am not sure how far north into AK this will work though.

All of us Dish customers in Ak are hoping for more HD thru ceil-2, but only someone at Dish knows and they aren't talking. I remember seeing a map at the other site that showed the footprint for ceil-2 and it had a strong lobe covering Ak. As for locals, even here in the Anchorage area we only receive CBS and PBS in hi-def., and direct only provides them to Anchorage zip codes, not outside. Direct also has Fox HD on their locals while Dish doesn't, which is strange since Dish carries the signal out of Alaska for both Dish and Direct but doesn't carry it. According to the station manager, Dish broke off talks with NBC last June, just when they thought they had a deal with them, and hasn't been in contact since, over 14 months later. We're all hoping that they get their act together soon, with the new TV season starting and the long cold winter just down the road. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts