HD for Life

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Why can't this company do anything right? Why every customers gets treated differently?

I just got my bill yesterday and of course I was NOT grandfathered into the new HD for Life promotion. I have Dish Latino Max with the HD & Platinum package but I was not grandfathered.

I called yesterday to find out why I was not grandfathered and the CSR starts giving the $99 and 24 months commitment crap. I tell him that was for customers that didn't have HD & Platinum before June 3rd and the CSR starts yelling at me with the 24 months commitment crap and that I need to sign up for Auto-Pay and paperless billing. I said to him "Excuse me?" and the CSR puts me on hold so I can't answer him back. Very professional way to treat your customers Dish, run away from your problems.

I can't have paperless billing because I can't view my bill online, I can't pay online and I can't do crap online because nobody can figure out how to fix my account for online access. All I want from them is to treat all customers the same way and if they have problems doing it, just fix it.

I already emailed that CEO email account but I haven't heard from them yet. I doubt that they will resolve my issues and I'm seriously considering Directv at the moment. I don't want to pay the extra $200 to get similar equipment that I have right now with Dish but this is getting ridiculous.

If anybody has any ideas, please share.

End of rant and sorry if I made you waste your time reading my post.

It is my understanding that existing customers have to go with autopay or pay the 99 dollars. Where did you read that we were grandfathered. Link Please.

Were you previously billed separately for Platinum and HD (i.e. were they two separate line items, each $10)? It's my understanding that only those with Platinum & HD as a single line item ($10 total) were grandfathered in.

People that were paying $10/month for HD and Platinum were, generally, grandfathered into Free HD For Life.

People that were paying $20/month for HD and Platinum, generally, were not.

Were you previously billed separately for Platinum and HD (i.e. were they two separate line items, each $10)? It's my understanding that only those with Platinum & HD as a single line item ($10 total) were grandfathered in.

Yes, I was paying $10 for HD and Platinum.

Login to the DISH website, look under programming, and try unchecking HD Platinum. The CSR was probably wrong.

I have limited access to my account online, all I can see is my account number, name and address. I've contacted them several times regarding this issue and nobody can't fix the problem. :(

My current bill now lists two line items

HD 250 Free $0.00
HD Platinum $10.00

Previously it was
HD & Platinum $10.00

If you also now have 2 line items maybe you could just call and drop Platinum and not mention the HD for life promo.

.....and the CSR starts yelling at me with the 24 months commitment crap and that I need to sign up for Auto-Pay and paperless billing. I said to him "Excuse me?" and the CSR puts me on hold so I can't answer him back. Very professional way to treat your customers Dish, run away from your problems.

Wait a second......a CSR was "yelling" at you???? :eek:

A CSR should never do that -- I hope you got their name and blew them into someone in the loyalty or customer relations area.

Customers of any business should NEVER stand for a representative of that business yelling at them. I know I wouldn't and I would run it all the way up the chain to make sure it was dealt with.

A CSR should never do that -- I hope you got their name and blew them into someone in the loyalty or customer relations area.

Customers of any business should NEVER stand for a representative of that business yelling at them. I know I wouldn't and I would run it all the way up the chain to make sure it was dealt with.

The CSR may have been from a third party in India. Dish has no control on any CSR from India. The only thing Dish can do is drop the contract it has with India.

Yes, he was. You're the first person that notices it. :)

My daughter left the room because I got so upset after I said "excuse me" and I wanted to confront him but he put me on hold. Unfortunately, I didn't get his operator ID. I never write it down since I don't expect a CSR to start raising his voice at me.

Daughter came back to the room and asked if we were keeping Dish Network. :)

No, the CSR was from the US.

My current bill now lists two line items

HD 250 Free $0.00
HD Platinum $10.00

Previously it was
HD & Platinum $10.00

If you also now have 2 line items maybe you could just call and drop Platinum and not mention the HD for life promo.

You WERE grandfathered in then. If you remove HD Platinum, you will get the HD channels in your package free. HD platinum is a package of channels with no SD equivalent.

Thanks Randall....

I wasn't going to bring up my experience yesterday, but......A couple of months ago I helped a friend sign up with DISH. Not rolling in dough at the moment she opted for the 120 without HD ($10 extra a month). When the recent advertising campaign HD for Life started I wondered if she would qualify, always aware that there is usually a catch. So yesterday I called and spoke with a CSR. He looked at her account and since she was already signed up for auto-pay/paperless billing the only other agreement would be to extend / accept a 24 month commitment. I asked him if he could complete the offer and he told me that it would have to be completed using her online account. OK, no problem I thought--silly me! Logged into her account...selected 120HD for life...entered her info...step 3 had a green check next to -- already enrolled in auto-pay/paperless -- checked the accept box and clicked the Submit icon....up pops an error message...debit card number is incorrect. I looked at the card then the number on the screen & the exp date it was a match. I clicked submit again and got the same response. I thought I was losing my mind or that I had become dyslexic. So I called customer service! I explained the issue and the response was she's already enrolled in auto-pay/paperless with that card (YES) does she have another one! Uhhh, what, that doesn't make any sense to me. She put me on hold...back in a couple of minutes. Click click she was removing the auto-pay entry from her account so I could enter the auto pay info on my end. After 3 attempts it appeared that the computer was finally taking the info. The green check at step 3 was gone and replaced with spaces to enter the debit card info...then on to checking the "accept terms" box and "submit". Up pops a page...experincing technical difficulties please try again later. Really! Are subs suppose to set aside a day or 2 to take advantage of HD for Life. Seriously! As of now the issue is NOT resolved. Obviously their computer system is a joke. I encountered a similar glitch when trying to enter a Club DISH referral #. Hope this story makes some of you feel better. It isn't personal...it's just a mess!

To this day, I have not received any replies to my problem.

I took a snapshot of what I could see on my online account about a month ago, HD for Life showed in my account but now it doesn't. I will try calling them today but I doubt that they will resolve my issues.

Attachments

• DishLogin2.jpg
    DishLogin2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 132
Since I can't pay my bill online, I've been calling the 1-800 number to pay my bill. Well I cannot even do that anymore, I get transferred to ATT. They really need to get their act together.

I sent an email to Matt in the Ceo office and he replied this afternoon. Turns out that my account is still linked to AT & T even though I canceled AT & T about 2 years ago. Supposedly, they were to transfer my AT & T account to a new Dish Network account but they never did. So I can't get my online access.

As far as HD for Life, he keeps telling me that I need to commit for another 24 months even though I've had HD & Platinum for a while. I've been paying $10.00 for both just like everybody else that was grandfathered. I will NOT commit for another 24 months just for the principle.

Looks like I'm heading to Directv "SOON". :)

It's been a week since I canceled Dish Network and when I called to cancel I was told I would get the two boxes to return 2 receivers. We even discussed the charges which as we all know would be $30 for returning THEIR equipment. I still haven't received the boxes so I contacted them via Chat because if I call, I get transferred to AT&T.

They had no records of the request to send the boxes. He said he would process it today because according to him you have to contact them to process the request. So they give you 2 weeks to return the equipment but don't send you the boxes unless you call them? Way to go Dish, another way to screw customers, charge them for non-returned equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts