HD Fox in NYC is HORRIBLE!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
Anyone else notice just how bad the Fox HD broadcasts have been from NYC? I had a party the other night when the Yankees were playing the Twins in the elimination game. Some of my friends hadn't seen HD yet and thought it looked great. Sure, it looked better than SD but it was horrible compared to other HD.

Anyway, I switched to Discovery HD Theater and they were floored at the quality. Ok, I understand DHD is always a little better than other channels but the pq from Fox was just horrible.

Anyone else notice this?

The Rickster

I noticed that the Divisional Series games on FOX had bad PQ as well. I never saw or heard FOX announce that the game was being broadcast in HD like they have during football games and with last nights ALCS game. I wonder if they broadcast the Divisional Series games in EDTV. It had that appearance.

Horrible

It sure looks as though they're compressing the hell out of the pic. When are they going to learn you just can't do this!!?? They announce Fox is providing the best HD out there. I want to know who they're comparing themselves to...

The Rickster

The Twins/Yankee games were not in HD.
The Sox/Yankee games ALCS series are.
And also the World Series will be in HD for the first time.

Sean you are you talking about the Sox/Yankee games right?

Well...

Not even Discovery HD Theater could have made the Yankees look better! They played as pathetically as Fox's pq was for the series. Oh well...

Now, what the hell is going on with Fox!!?? Not only is the pq horrible and the announcers (other than Leiter) horrible, they can't even keep a picture stable!!?? In the earlier games (in the series) the picture would jump backwards for a brief time and then back to the live action. Was annoying and was happening relatively frequently. During Game 6, there were times it was driving me crazy! What was happening and when will Fox get it right???

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)