HD Free for Life Help

Tom_P

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Hey guys I need a little help. A friend currenlty on contract(like 18 months left) and I are trying to get the HD for Life package. Both of us are unable to add this option using the webpage. We both are already enrolled inCC Autopay. I'm planning to stay with Dish, I'm a dealer anyway.

So we call and the CSR told us that because we are already enrolled on CC autopay we don't qualify. My friend don't want to cancel his autopay because he has the Cinemax for a penny offer and he'll lose it.

We have the offer to pay the $99, heck I can get it for Free with a contract agreement..

Can somebody help?
Tom

have you tried another CSR? you might have had a clueless CSR pick up the phone and need to play roulette

If you are a dealer don't you have a sales rep? I would ask them. If I have any major questions I call my Dish distributor or my area sales manager.

You also have to be paperless and not on annual billing.

You can have a rep. change you from annual to monthly.

I got one month credit after complaining that the monthly billing requirement was not in any disclosure.

So the free HD for life isn't really free if you were on annual billing.

Last edited:
You also have to be paperless and not on annual billing.

You can have a rep. change you from annual to monthly.

I got one month credit after complaining that the monthly billing requirement was not in any disclosure.

So the free HD for life isn't really free if you were on annual billing.

He never said a word about annual, and would not be cc autopay. OP, you would have had to have had HD+Platinum to be grandfathered in. Did you?

If you are a dealer don't you have a sales rep? I would ask them. If I have any major questions I call my Dish distributor or my area sales manager.

Well I called them right before I post my question here. Well we both my friend and I have paperless billing and CC Autopay already. We called several CSRs yesteday and they all agree that I have to do it via the web page to accept the 2 year contract, well never worked..

Other of my clients juts payed the $99 to avoid the contract without problems.

He never said a word about annual, and would not be cc autopay.

Correct, he didn't specify either billing method.

I was on annual billing and read all of the disclosed requirements for HD for life.
The first thing I did to get the HD for life was change to paperless and autopay. Even though I was still on annual billing, that worked.

But, applying for HD for life in my account didn't work, until I changed to monthly billing.

I have not been able to sign up for HD for Life on the web page - it refuses to accept my credit card number although it is the same credit card as I use for auto pay. Have tried calling and was told there might be an issue with the web page, has anyone had a similar experience?

I have not been able to sign up for HD for Life on the web page - it refuses to accept my credit card number although it is the same credit card as I use for auto pay. Have tried calling and was told there might be an issue with the web page, has anyone had a similar experience?

Yes. It asked me for a different card from the one used for autopay. Not at all sure why but not a big deal for me.

I am in the same boat as you. Right now I am waiting for this for two weeks, Several calls to CSR and always says that apparently is a issue on my account or in the webpage. At the end, just try in a few days to see if the issue is resolved........Nothing!

I have paperless billing and CC Autopay already. I ask how it will be done if the web never works for me and the response was....only thru the web.

After all the info being submitted I always get an error saying Credit Card is already use for qualification. Please use another credit card.......Stupid. Even thou I have another Credit Card, so i Tried and got same error.

Any ideas? Its funny because in order to start the HD Free For life process , i had to cancel my PR HD Pak and at the sametime I lose platinum hd package. Now, I am not allow to add platinum hd package, and also lose the feeds from 61.5. Now just the hd channels form 110 and 119.

The only that amaze me is the Dish doesnot want to earn $10 more a month adding me the platinum hd which I want to pay. Funny. So, for that reason I just downgrade all my programming from a bill of $150/monthly to less than $90 (including four receivers on account).....just for the reason above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts