HD Free Preview not showing yet

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
At MIL visiting for holidays and she has SD U-Verse. There is supposed to be a free HD preview 12/29 to 1/5. We are hooked up HDMI and I set the box for 1080i and can see the guide but it won't display programming. Some of the HD channels do show a preview in the guide but when you select it just goes to a black screen. Is the preview not on until later or is there something wrong with this box. She has U300 and a VIP1225. Missing my Hopper badly.

This morning everything that is supposed to be on seems to be on. Much better than the SD to me, but on 32 inch TV MIL says can't see that much difference except the screen's bigger. Oh well she's the one paying the bill. I can say that I really dislike the program guide and the remote. Guide gives you a preview screen of the show highlighted in the grid rather than the tuned program which remains on but unwatchable in the background. That is just stupid. There also seems to be no rhyme or reason to the placement of channels in the guide with channels scattered around willy billy. Could just be because I'm used to Dish. Not wowed by HD picture eve on 32 inch. Also one of the TVs keeps displaying a message saying delete some of the recordings to make room. Pretty annoying but I'm just picking nits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts