HD from Dish. What do you want ?

HD from Dish. What do you want ?

• More HD channels

Votes: 37 18.2%
  • Full bandwidth and resolution HD (no "HD Lite")

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • More HD channels & full bandwidth and resolution

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Reduce the # of HD channels to gain full bandwidth and resolution

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • Reduce bandwidth and resolution further to gain more HD channels

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's nothing pointless about it. As I said, I suspect which one will win and it just goes to show something.... I'll leave it at that.

It goes to show what? That people want it all? what a shocker.

We gain a lot more credibility if we can look at what DISH can reasonably provide and then ask reasonably. I would like to see some sort of message to E* as follows:

We understand that you have bandwidth issues. Naturally we would like to see both better resolution and additional HD contennt. However, as these tradeoffs occur, we as a group would prefer that these tradeoffs favor(more channels/better resolution)

We would also encourage you to look at moving as much local content to spotbeams as is practical, including HD content. We also feel that you should investigate the option of converting all Top 250 specific content to MPEG4 streams and cease transmission of the SD feeds. The majority of Top250 subscribers are also HD subscribers and the others have shown they are willing to invest in more diverse and higher quality programming.

That sort of a response is reasoned. It shows that we can understand the issues that E* faces and looks toward partnerships in improving the experience. Asking for it all only succeeds in having them turn a deaf ear.

There's nothing pointless about it. As I said, I suspect which one will win and it just goes to show something.... I'll leave it at that.
No. Adding #3 makes it pointless. Forgetting for a second how that choice simply makes the other choices irrelevant, it is not possible within the constraints of the current bandwidth to do. The other choices are at least possible today.

It goes to show what? That people want it all? what a shocker.
I just wanted to see if people factored in any other issues. For example, limited bandwidth at the moment. Today, even if Dish had a signed agreement for (10) more HD channels, they technically couldn't (or shouldn't) uplink them. No one cares about the technical aspect though. It's just "more HD". That's why I included those other options.... Will people take (20) new HD channels tomorrow given the current bandwidth limits ?? Fact is, people would get excited as sh*t if digiblur or JohnH showed add'l HD channels in their current uplink thread.

My point is, be reasonable....

Forgetting for a second how that choice simply makes the other choices irrelevant, it is not possible within the constraints of the current bandwidth to do. The other choices are at least possible today.
Thank you. Another person who gets it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts