HD HDVR Supply problem??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
Got a friend who wanted me to post this. He has been waiting over a month to upgrade his DTV to HD using the HD HDVR. He has been dealing direct with DTV.
They keep telling him the units are back ordered and they have a waiting list. Anyone got a clue about this?
Thanks

yeah when i upgraded last week they sent me a bad hd tuner, so i called and b!tched an was going to get an hd dvr for 99.00 but would have to wait until march 23 for an install date for that.

The units themselves aren't backordered anymore, but the installers in your area could be behind. Best Buy had a bunch of them when I was in there this past weekend.

FYI that you can probably log in to your DirecTV account and adjust your install date to something sooner (or call the installer for an earlier date).

Remember when the HR20 first came out, BB had an exclusive on them for the 1st week, they were the only place you could get one. Now if you look in the BB weekend add, they say if you order D* now they guarentee that they'll have it installed before the Superbowl. Maybe it's another case where D* and BB have worked out a deal which is pushing installs back a bit???

Call every other day

I was told weeks several times....and then magically one day....they had "plenty"

They wont call you when they have them

Both my local Best Buy and Circuit City stores have the units in stock according to their WEB sites.

In my case I wouldn't need another install, since I got an HR10-250 last summer and at that time they installed the 5LNB dish.

They only way I would need another visit is if I want another set of cables installed so that I could keep both units active or the dish needed to be re-aligned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)