HD in Bedroom ??

OWLink

I have a 42" HD set in my bedroom that I have been watching SD cable on. I hate watching SD and the no basement, no attic, configuration of my abode precludes fat cables. There have been several wireless HDMI solutions preannounced for high prices, but none of them have panned out yet.

I just finished installing what is the solution for me. The OWLink 2800 sends HDMI over a tiny fiber optic cable. It is also capable of sending IR signals back along the fiber to remotely control devices. A higher priced version can also send an independent stereo audio channel.

I was a bit worried about the size and flexibility of the fiber cable but it is truly like a fairly small fishing line and can go just about anywhere. In the open, it is pretty much invisible unless the light hits it just right, but it is easily tucked under baseboards or taped to walls. I believe the distance limit is about 100 meters.

I bought the lowest priced splitter from Monoprice and split the Dish receiver HDMI to my main television and to the transmitter for the OWLink. When I first hooked it up there were some video drop outs but now there have been none for several hours. It is working perfectly, I have beautiful HD in the living room and the bedroom and I am very happy.

The OWLink is about $350, cheaper than everything else I was considering, by a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)