HD in the box what model would you buy 34 or 40 ?

marko said:
For xbox, go into your dashboard and select the appropriate display type (480p, 720p, or 1080i). Unless of course you already set that, well, then I don't know.

I already tried that. The game works fine if I use the normal Xbox connector. This is weird !

Still haveing PSX 2 problems

Okay this is weird. On my old sony 27 inch component works just fine but when I hook it up to my new 34 inch hd tv I get nouthing but sound. Also the Xbox will not display 720 picture on my tv .. That was the problem with amped 2 .

Hey Roll, I'm thinking of buying my parents the setup with the 34" RCA & 811. Think they'll be happy w/ it? Does the PQ on the tv look decent? They're currently watching a 12 yr old 32" 4:3 Sony that is quickly dying.
They're with Comcast in N Ft Myers right now and I hope that sat (and 811) isn't too tough for them to cope with. (Note to self: Have to check out their locals)
Anyone know if Comcast in N Ft Myers has much HD up? If they stay with cable then I have to buy them a new tv. Any good deals on 34" 16:9 HD tv's out there?
Also, anyone know if they can get a 522 for free (or cheap) in addition, with commitment? Or 322?
Also, if you do the HD in a box can you also sign up for the DHA plan for another receiver?

The PQ so far has been great on the HD channels and poor on the SD useing the 811 This was with DVI and S video connectors.

I am going to try my 6000 this afternoon and see if the results are better

ROLLTIDE said:
Still haveing PSX 2 problems

Okay this is weird. On my old sony 27 inch component works just fine but when I hook it up to my new 34 inch hd tv I get nouthing but sound. Also the Xbox will not display 720 picture on my tv .. That was the problem with amped 2 .

I ordered the 40" RPTV HDTV in a Box. I was supposed to be getting an install this Tuesday, but they called me on Friday to inform me that the equipment (monitor) had not come in yet. They are coming out to my place this Wednesday to do a "pre-install site evaluation". Does that make any sense? I already have E* with a 508 and 301. I have a Dish500 and I was under the impression that the Superdish was no longer needed for HD.

Thanks Rolltide for posting your experience so far! I hope you the the Component Inputs working on the Dish TV. I heard that it does not come with a remote. How are you swiching inputs? Please post your pics as soon as you have the time!

- Andreu

ROLLTIDE said:
The PQ so far has been great on the HD channels and poor on the SD useing the 811 This was with DVI and S video connectors.

Do you know if the component inputs will pass HD from a non E* source?

Andymon said Do you know if the component inputs will pass HD from a non E* source?

Not yet but when I get home from work I will try my Samsung STB with it and see if it works.

AndyMon said:
ROLLTIDE said:

Do you know if the component inputs will pass HD from a non E* source?

The 811 does not have component inpuits, just composite. You can't get an HD picture that way.

Bobby,

They are talking about the component inputs on the "DISH 34" HDTV".

StevenD said:
Bobby,

They are talking about the component inputs on the "DISH 34" HDTV".

Oh, OK...... the question I have then is, does the Dish34 have more than 1 set of 1080I component inputs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)