HD Line of Sight Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

awax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Fayetteville, Arkansas
I just moved and due to trees it may not be possible to get 99/101/103/119 from a single location but I can get all but 119 from one location and then 119 from the other. Is this technically possible with maybe two slimlines or a slimline and standard dish? You used to be able to do this with the 3 lnb dishes.

Nope, it won't be possible. The 103 sat uses the 22kHz tone along with the 110 and 119 sats. Since you will be using the 22kHz inputs on a WB68 to see the 110 and 119 sats, you would not be getting any signal from the 103.

maybe with an a/b switch??

It would require two, one for each voltage, and it would have to be located near (as in outside) the WB68. So each time you changed the channel to something that was on the 103 sat, you would have to go outside and flip the a/b switch. Also, I'm not sure how many a/b switches are rated to the 3 GHz that would be required.

But if both dishes are AU9's, does it make a difference? Does the multiswitch "know" which dish would be pumping which channels/info?

But if both dishes are AU9's, does it make a difference? Does the multiswitch "know" which dish would be pumping which channels/info?

Yes it does, because the 103 sat will not be physically connected to the inputs of the multiswitch 22kHz ports. The dish that would be connected to those ports would not have a LOS to the 103, based upon the info provided by the OP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts