HD-LITE due to "Fiber Problems" Pssh

goaliebob99 said:
LOL that was posted here about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Scott Greczkowski said:
by my hand, it was information I posted a few weeks ago. Once again my tagline fits, read it and be informed. :)

I don't know man, can information only given out in a private+pay forum really be considered breaking news? If it were really breaking news, shouldn't it be on the Front Page? It's not so much being ignored by other sites, as it is being hushed by this site. And if you are discouraging private members from leaking information (seems the sole purpose of the private forum), it's no wonder it takes hours or days to reach other sites.

All this is surely by design. But is going into a public thread, bragging about the fact it was posted weeks ago, necessarily a polite method of advertising?:down

it seems that they say there may fiber issues that are accounting for the lower resolutions. Does anyone have any info on this?
Since the cat is out of the bag...
The only other thing I've found is that V* may be working on the issue and could return ALL their channels to full rez within 5 months. If this is true, it should be put on the Front Page because it would be the best news since the discovery of HD-Lite.

Hammer

Yep, pub members are entitled to a few RUMORS! Some turn out to be true, some do not. But unless something can be confirmed to be absolutely true, scott or others post in the pub area so as not to start the rumors of taking on lives of their own.

goaliebob99 said:
I think not only are the rumers in the pub area well worth the 20 bucks. but the extras that come with the pub membership are well worth it too ;)

I would "third" that.

As for this "Fiber Problems" rumor, this is just one of the many explanations we've heard. If there is truly a technical reason for HD-Lite, I wish Dish could openly admit that. Customers would understand such an explanation and would accept it, as long as it is clearly stated as a temporary problem, not as a norm.

If instead they are trying to hide the problem, pretend that it doesn't exist, or simply state that this is a norm, a new "industry standard" that they are going to follow - it only angers their subscribers.

As for the super secret stuff that goes on in the backroom I dont think we shold leak what "really" goes on back there. If people cant shell out the $20 then they shouldnt be privy to all the super secret information and links to all the umm special sites. All I can say is since Ive joined the backroom Ive lost 20 lbs and walk around with a perma smile all day long. Thanks Pub members.

boston area dtv said:
As for the super secret stuff that goes on in the backroom I dont think we shold leak what "really" goes on back there. If people cant shell out the $20 then they shouldnt be privy to all the super secret information and links to all the umm special sites. All I can say is since Ive joined the backroom Ive lost 20 lbs and walk around with a perma smile all day long. Thanks Pub members.

Yep, there is much more to the pub area then just rumors about satellite TV. As a matter of fact satellite TV is a mere blip of the things talked about. It's a great gathering area for all covering everything.

Hey, think of it this way...

1920 divided by 1280 = 1.5
15 channels divided by 10 channels =1.5

And the resolution gets cut just before Dish announces the cutback from 21 to 15 channels. Coincidence?

Perhaps Voom went to fire up their new fiber line and Pfffft...nothing. Dish, knowing they have major plans for Feb 1st, asks Voom how much they can pump into the existing line. Voom says "50% more, but we have to cut the resolution to 1280 x 1080."

BTW, it seems to me cutting back to 1280 x 720 would have freed up enough space for 125% more channels- 22 1/2 total. Perhaps 1280 x 1080i was a compromise...even though people don't seem to understand this..."HD Lite" IS a higher resolution than 1280 x 720p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)