More Issues (811 guide data, looks like a kiddie hack)

CJPC

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
Kinda funny, but VERY annyoying

I cant see what shows are about! A reboot only temp fixes it, and on top of the no info guide, the time loss, the black issues, and the hitting too many buttons at once making it lock up and reboot, gets me irritated

Just look at the pictures, looks like data corruption (or like a kiddie hack w/ the 133t speak and all), and since it keeps happening, im putting money that its a chip inside the box,

However I want to call E* to have them replace it, but also want to time it right so I can get (hopefully) a 211 w/o contract commitments!

Just take a look at the pics, and any comments?

Attachments

• DSCF1047.JPG
    DSCF1047.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF1050.JPG
    DSCF1050.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 235
Besides rebooting, have you forced a new guide download? I've seen that before and a fresh guide always clears it up.

Heh, wish I did something to it, and yeah, i forced a new guide (unplug, does it, also stick a card into the slot, works too, but take it out!)

Went away for a bit, but came back, and on top of that, only on this 811, my locals go RED, disappear, and come back later, just another issue as well, but the corrupt guide is kinda cool looking!

It won't make any difference when you have E* replace a broken 811.
You will get an 811 to replace an 811.

True, But since I would be getting a 'new' (read: refurb'd) 811, it would have to be activated, and isnt E* not activating non MPEG4HD boxes after the 1st?

That's NEW HD activations they will not be doing. You already have HD service so it just be a simple receiver swap - No programing changes involved.

I've seen this too, and on top of the audio problems I am having, I'm about ready to throw the thing in the lake! Mine is a leased receiver and support absolutely refuses to replace it with another 811 or a 211, they say a swap will not correct the problem. They told me it may be fixed in a day, a week, or a month, they don't know for sure. They had no answer when I suggested I may pay my bill in a day, a week, or a month!

Once in awhile I have the same mess on my 811.

CJPC said:
Kinda funny, but VERY annyoying

I cant see what shows are about! A reboot only temp fixes it, and on top of the no info guide, the time loss, the black issues, and the hitting too many buttons at once making it lock up and reboot, gets me irritated

Just look at the pictures, looks like data corruption (or like a kiddie hack w/ the 133t speak and all), and since it keeps happening, im putting money that its a chip inside the box,

However I want to call E* to have them replace it, but also want to time it right so I can get (hopefully) a 211 w/o contract commitments!

Just take a look at the pics, and any comments?

dougruss said:
That's exactly what Dish is hoping for !!

Just a matter of time they'll be sending little Bugs down to screw up our soon to be "Outdated" receivers, forcing us to take their upgrade receivers and be the Test Dummies once again !:D

You really believe that? LMAO Conspiracy theorists are always good for a laugh.

Yeah it gets irritating, but 3.34 did screw the 811's, and only added a signal meter, as if it was a conspiracy for us to re-up for another 18 months to get a 211!

You know, my DVI output just died. I'm not getting anything out of it. I tried the component output and it's working. I'll play around with this POS later when I have time.

I had the same thing happen Thursday when I was replacing my 811 with my 211 I rebooted the 811 and it was gone, ready for ebay now. Why not take the $49 upgrade from Dish for a 211? Only for 811 owners.

Rebooting now! I will upgrade it to a 211 as soon as I can.

Same thing, DVI output is dead. I hope it didn't kill my TVs HDMI input. I don't have another device to test it. Oh well, another excuse I can use when talking to the wife about upgrading.

Edit: Factory Defaults brought it back to life. I lost my favorite lists but it came back. Weird.

One more thing, after the Factory Defaults reset I can get ABC OTA just fine. I kept getting pixelations and audio drops before and now comes in just fine. Go figure.

Last edited:
That is strange! Id use DVI, but i need a new cable (and imma too cheap to go and buy one, not to mention im using my cable now for the PC)

I want to do the 211 upgrade, but I heard from other forum members that there is an additional 18 month commitment = something I dont want to do at all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)