smokejoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
To: CEO
Subject: NOT HD

Mr. Charlie Ergen:

I am a current Dish Network Customer.
Dish Network advertises and bills me for High Definition programming.

It is obvious that many channels which Dish claims are broadcast in
high definition are, in fact, not High Definition.

When you dilute and broadcast to 1280x1080i, channels that transmit
naively at 1920x1080i, you are not providing high definition service as
defined by the FCC or any recognized standard. I believe this constitutes false advertising and fraudulent billing.

You are essentially advertising and selling Regular+ gasoline as Premium.

You need to stop the false representation and sale of product
which is not High Definition.

Regardless of likely class action litigation and FCC action, I believe many of the growing number of HD subscribers who see what you're doing, will move to real HD broadcasting - most of which occurs OTA free - not on Dish Network, as claimed.

I know that Direct TV and some cable providers also falsely advertise and broadcast SD+ as HD. That fact won't help Dish - and may very well bring conspiracy elements into any litigation or FCC action.

Echostar seems to have a combination of honest, progressive, ethical leaders and unethical, self-destructive administrators.
It's time to clean house.

Sincerely,
H.J. - 5 year Customer
------------------------------------------

Dear: H.J.

Thank you for contacting DISH Network regarding HD programming.

DISH Network strives to offer the best quality of high definition programming that meets industry and television standards while maximizing DISH Network’s HD offering to consumers nationwide.

Thank you,
Natalie Winters

Executive Resolution Team

'point is' ... what E* Response Doesn't Say

They didn't say the accusations were not true.
Nor did E* state that they were broadcasting all purported HD programs in real HD.

Dishnetwork suck, they 're trying to what voom was doing and they lie alot
I would don't get d*net, and all of us who have D*net should cancel our hd package.

techsatman said:
Dishnetwork suck, they 're trying to what voom was doing and they lie alot
I would don't get d*net, and all of us who have D*net should cancel our hd package.
Now that is a quality first post. Well thought out and very articulate! :rolleyes:

Well.. Charter just raised the rates to point either Dish or Direct is cost effective. Rumor is Charter is being sold (possible purchaser Cmcast I heard, but don't know).
I want HD. OTA vague (in a valley). Still shopping. Have 2 HD tv's-no HD reception .
23 or 25 channels beter than the lousy 5 with cable (which I xbld last year.

tktagentman said:
Well.. Charter just raised the rates to point either Dish or Direct is cost effective. Rumor is Charter is being sold (possible purchaser Cmcast I heard, but don't know).
I want HD. OTA vague (in a valley). Still shopping. Have 2 HD tv's-no HD reception .
23 or 25 channels beter than the lousy 5 with cable (which I xbld last year.

Charlie just said no to SBC.

tktagentman said:
How do you know the programing is "HD lite". Does the reciever display the resolution recieved, or what other method would make you aware you're recieving "HD Lite"????

we have our ways :D... ;) mainly reading the transport stream (the signal) that the channel is on :)

not to be a jerk, but isnt the only reason for hdlite on VOOM is because of a problem they are fixing? isnt everything else in full hd? just wondering, sorry havent been reading up in a while, I am back now though!

stuart628 said:
not to be a jerk, but isnt the only reason for hdlite on VOOM is because of a problem they are fixing? isnt everything else in full hd? just wondering, sorry havent been reading up in a while, I am back now though!

That's the current working theory.

You will never get a reponse other than a general, "thank you and go pound", letter from a threating letter.

Anything with a STOP THIS ACTION or threating a class action suit will never get any civil answer. Never.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)