hd local additions problem!!!!

moviemax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
I live in charleston, wv and i tried to see my local nbc in hd and all i could see was the standard definition channel. not only that according to dish networks website, i should also have abc and fox in hd. they have the channel listing as ch 5200 for abc and ch 5203 for fox. can someone tell me what gives. after being on the phone for an hr and trying different things, the csr told me they were in the process of moving satellites and that is why the nbc wasent coming in. could some one help me with this and tell me if they are receiving any of these channels. thanks a lot.

I also live in Charleston, WV. These channels are on the 77W satellite. In order to see it, you either have to have a 1000.4 dish (EA dish) or a wing dish pointed at 77W.

If you do have the correct dish setup, you might need the new smartcards in your receivers. I'll find that out tonight when I get my wing dish hooked up.

Also, we should be getting all 4 of our locals in HD now. All coming off the 77W sat.

after being transferred and transferred they told me to go to the dish info screen and if i still cant pick up the satellite its on, they will do an upgrade. its really been frustrating. hopefully ill get it resolved this evening. thanks for telling me what satellite its on.

What is your current satellite setup? I currently have a 1000.2 (110,119,129) with a 500 (pointing to 77).

After almost giving up, the new dish was installed this morning. i will try it out when i get home.

Did they charge you for this? My HD locals are on a satellite that I don't receive. I tried talking to them about having someone install a satellite so I can see them, but they stated it would be a $60 fee.

$60 fee OR a 2-year commitment. And if you try the online chat (might have to try a few times to get the answer you want) you can usually get it without either.

i signed an agreement. I also did the cinemax for a penny and free hbo and starz for 3 months.

What is your current satellite setup? I currently have a 1000.2 (110,119,129) with a 500 (pointing to 77).

What is the azimuth and elevation and skew for 77, I just found out about it and also have a 500 and a 1000.2 I haven't used the 500 for years, but I could change it myself. The point dish screen doesn't give you this.

if its not on the point dish screen, tell me where to look and ill get that for you. both my dishes say dish 1000 on them and they are linked together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)