HD Local Channel Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shy007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
South Carolina
There are so many HD channels added that I finally bought me an HDTV.... Get my HD hook up later on in the week..... Does anyone know when HD Locals will come to Columbia, SC????

There are so many HD channels added that I finally bought me an HDTV.... Get my HD hook up later on in the week..... Does anyone know when HD Locals will come to Columbia, SC????

Since you are dma #81, it will not be for a while, probably when D11 is up and running. That's supposed to be late this year or early next.

Have you gone to Antennaweb.org and see how far away your HD broadcasters are? If they're within like 30 miles, you can probably get a decent signal from a medium range antenna. Granted, you may run into some issues in terms of keeping decent picture (remember, its all or nothing with digital, unlike analog) but don't forget you will get the best picture quality possible from OTA (although you may not notice a difference anyways.) Just something to consider.

Have you gone to Antennaweb.org and see how far away your HD broadcasters are? If they're within like 30 miles, you can probably get a decent signal from a medium range antenna. Granted, you may run into some issues in terms of keeping decent picture (remember, its all or nothing with digital, unlike analog) but don't forget you will get the best picture quality possible from OTA (although you may not notice a difference anyways.) Just something to consider.

Agreed. OTA is the way to go if you can get it. A little bit of a pain to set up sometimes, but worth it once it's done - more options (usually) than you get with any provider and generally better PQ.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)