HD Local + Dish + Time Warner Cable Question

clue

Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm in Los Angeles and currently have the Time Warner Broadcast Basic cable service. I've been able to get clear QAM local channels in HD with this setup.

Recently I added the Dish Absolute + DVR + Local. But the problem is that the Dish Locals only gives me HD reception for CBS, NBC, ABC, & KTTV. For a couple of local channels (KTLA - channel 5 ; KCAL - channel 9) I'm only getting SD from Dish.

I was wondering if it's possible to connect my Time Warner cable to the Dish 722 DVR/Receiver and pick up the clear QAM for KTLA + KCAL? I would love to be able to use the DVR for KCAL (channel 9) for Dodgers baseball games in HD.

I see that in the back of the 722 there's an input for "OTA Antenna In." I tried connecting my Time Warner coax cable into that jack but am not sure how to proceed from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Never had satellite or DVR service before so feeling slightly lost. Thanks!

The Dish receivers don't have a QAM tuner. I wish they would, since they're dragging their feet on getting HD locals on. Better yet, cable companies should've been required to provide locals in 8VSB instead of QAM.

For the Dodger games that are broadcast on Prime Ticket in HD you can record them from Dish channel 5411. I know that doesn't help for the games broadcast on KCAL-9.

Olympics printable TV schedule?

Another TurboHD ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)