HD locals-charge from Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adamhochman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Hi,
Interested in signing up for Dish and trying to figure out if I can sign up for HD locals only (for $5) and not for the HD package ($20)? Is this possible? I'm already planning on signing up for locals, but I'm not sure the $20 is worth it for the HD package, especially when DTV's HD package is $10 for just a few less channels.
Thanks in advance.
Adam

if you're not buying the equpment you're gonna have to have the $20 HD package

i guess i would be leasing the equipment (through a Radio Shack deal). I'm looking at getting the vip 622. and i'd probably get the package with 180 or 200 channels (whichever one gets me my rsn (comcast sportsnet)) in my package.
could i just get hd locals with this for $5? thanks

You'd have to check for your area. Not all...not many areas have HD Locals on the satellite. In fact, I'm getting ready to install an Off-Air Antenna so I can pull down the Locals in HD. So check to see what's available in your area.

i guess i would be leasing the equipment (through a Radio Shack deal). I'm looking at getting the vip 622. and i'd probably get the package with 180 or 200 channels (whichever one gets me my rsn (comcast sportsnet)) in my package.
could i just get hd locals with this for $5? thanks
If you are leasing the HD receiver(622) you must subscribe to one of the metal packages (Bronze Silver or Gold). In Feb the HD pack will be an option for $20 added to a base pack but still required for a HD lease. And as has been posted you can only get the HD locals for your city if DISH is uplinking them, you can't get HD locals from elsewhere legally.:)

If you do not have the HD pack they also charge a $6/month HD enabling fee to be able to tune in the OTA HD channels.

yeah if you don't want the dish hd channels then you really shouldn't be joining dish

if you feel the directv deal is a better value go with them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)