HD Locals Going Spotbeam. Who will be without HD locals?

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Just curious what many of you are going to do. I myself get my HD locals via a "move" to NYC. I'll be losing a couple of channels I can not get via OTA.

If you are effected, what are your plans? OTA? Switiching providers? Deal with SD?

I'm also curious who will call before the switch and who will call after the move to spotbeam (moving back).

Just curious what many of you are going to do. I myself get my HD locals via a "move" to NYC. I'll be losing a couple of channels I can not get via OTA.

If you are effected, what are your plans? OTA? Switiching providers? Deal with SD?

I'm also curious who will call before the switch and who will call after the move to spotbeam (moving back).

Wait it out. We don't even see things that are promised, much less rumor stuff.

What will be funny, if they do go SB, is when some Dish CSR calls the census bureau to report 2.2 million people just moved from NYC to Boston.

You get CW in HD with the NY locals? I might have to 'move' again. Originally I was tied to Denver for the sports (mostly hockey) but now that I have the HD only package and no RSN I don't care that much.

Now if some market would add PBS I would be real happy. I get my local PBS HD with rabbit ears but that is a pain and it doesn't work in the basement. I am going to get an antenna put on the roof this spring though.

You get CW in HD with the NY locals? I might have to 'move' again. Originally I was tied to Denver for the sports (mostly hockey) but now that I have the HD only package and no RSN I don't care that much.

Now if some market would add PBS I would be real happy. I get my local PBS HD with rabbit ears but that is a pain and it doesn't work in the basement. I am going to get an antenna put on the roof this spring though.

I dont. I do pull that in OTA. To be honest.. i dont think much of CW.

I'm curious too. Any idea about the Boston HD locals going to spotbeam?
JohnH said:
They may but until it actually happens there likely will be no reliable information about it.
Ok, if Boston does go spotbeam, does anyone know how far into Vt / NH they will still be able to be reliably received (on 61.5 I assume)?

Ok, if Boston does go spotbeam, does anyone know how far into Vt / NH they will still be able to be reliably received (on 61.5 I assume)?
Found this old spotbeam map for Rainbow-1 (E12). http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/rldbs1.gif
rldbs1.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)