hd locals in dallas/fortworth?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdl23

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
We're in the middle of Q2. Any news of when Dallas/Fort Worth will be receiving hd signals on locals?:confused:

I'm very interested in the answer to this question. We desperately NEED HD Lil in Dallas. Channel 8 just doesn't ever cooperate with me. I don't think I'm alone with that problem.

Watching LOST in SD SUCKS!

drsiebling said:
I'm very interested in the answer to this question. We desperately NEED HD Lil in Dallas. Channel 8 just doesn't ever cooperate with me. I don't think I'm alone with that problem.

Watching LOST in SD SUCKS!
You're not alone. WFAA-DT sucks for anybody north or west of downtown Dallas it seems.

Getting WFAA over sat is the only reason I'd be interested in getting a 622. I've tweaked my antenna so that I'm getting 95 signal strength on WFAA on my 942 and the picture STILL breaks up several times an hour. :mad:

ota

I receive HD through OTA in the Dallas/Forth Worth area and by the way LOST is awesome in HD. I'm tired of the signal breaking because of my attic attena is moving due to a strong north wind. I am getting the 622 installed Monday 5/8 and I'm hoping Dish has their signal set up by then but I'm probably asking too much. :tux:

mdl23 said:
We're in the middle of Q2. Any news of when Dallas/Fort Worth will be receiving hd signals on locals?:confused:

With the exception of WFAA-HD, they have been available since early December. There is another recent thread that suggests Belo has reached an agreement with DirecTV for WFAA-HD, but I'm not getting it yet.

MurphieNB said:
With the exception of WFAA-HD, they have been available since early December. There is another recent thread that suggests Belo has reached an agreement with DirecTV for WFAA-HD, but I'm not getting it yet.
Check your H20 it was up there today.:)

It is 7:01 pm C.D.T. on Wed, the 10th. The following Dallas HD is now listed on my ALL HD Favorites and viewable on my Sammy:
6383 WFAA ABC
6384 KTVT CBS
6385 KXAS
6386 KDFW
6404 WTVJ (now blank screen, and I don't know what it is.)

Bones and Alias are in HD 16x9. Close enuf for government work.

I had to do a Switch Check and download new EPG to see the program guide for the four new HD stations from Dallas.

They can also be re-mapped as follows:

WFAA (ABC): 6383 ---> 008-00
KTVT (CBS): 6384 ---> 011-00
KXAS (NBC): 6385 ---> 005-00
KDFW (FOX): 6386 ---> 004-00

So they fit nicely alongside their OTA counterparts if you can get 'em. I'm so pleased that we've got these now. Even though I have an antenna on a 50' tower, I'm ~75+ miles from the towers, and am more susceptible to weather fade (and CBS [OTA] was never reliable). Plus, it expands the tuner possibilities.

In case anyone doesn't know how to re-map, its 'menu-6-9-Sat Locals-HD Priority'

Thanks DISH!

just noticed at 10:30 PM watching Letterman

Good timing for me. I got the 622 two days ago. THe volume is going in and out though and I noticed that on the Voom channels tonight as well.

I've noticed that the DFW HD LiL's seem to be a little "laggy" in the frame rate dept. I don't know how else to describe it. It's not exactly "jittery", but it's not as smooth as OTA HD or E* SD. I suspect this is probably MPEG-4 related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)