hd locals in dallas/fortworth?

mdl23

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
We're in the middle of Q2. Any news of when Dallas/Fort Worth will be receiving hd signals on locals?:confused:

I'm very interested in the answer to this question. We desperately NEED HD Lil in Dallas. Channel 8 just doesn't ever cooperate with me. I don't think I'm alone with that problem.

Watching LOST in SD SUCKS!

drsiebling said:
I'm very interested in the answer to this question. We desperately NEED HD Lil in Dallas. Channel 8 just doesn't ever cooperate with me. I don't think I'm alone with that problem.

Watching LOST in SD SUCKS!
You're not alone. WFAA-DT sucks for anybody north or west of downtown Dallas it seems.

Getting WFAA over sat is the only reason I'd be interested in getting a 622. I've tweaked my antenna so that I'm getting 95 signal strength on WFAA on my 942 and the picture STILL breaks up several times an hour. :mad:

ota

I receive HD through OTA in the Dallas/Forth Worth area and by the way LOST is awesome in HD. I'm tired of the signal breaking because of my attic attena is moving due to a strong north wind. I am getting the 622 installed Monday 5/8 and I'm hoping Dish has their signal set up by then but I'm probably asking too much. :tux:

mdl23 said:
We're in the middle of Q2. Any news of when Dallas/Fort Worth will be receiving hd signals on locals?:confused:

With the exception of WFAA-HD, they have been available since early December. There is another recent thread that suggests Belo has reached an agreement with DirecTV for WFAA-HD, but I'm not getting it yet.

MurphieNB said:
With the exception of WFAA-HD, they have been available since early December. There is another recent thread that suggests Belo has reached an agreement with DirecTV for WFAA-HD, but I'm not getting it yet.
Check your H20 it was up there today.:)

It is 7:01 pm C.D.T. on Wed, the 10th. The following Dallas HD is now listed on my ALL HD Favorites and viewable on my Sammy:
6383 WFAA ABC
6384 KTVT CBS
6385 KXAS
6386 KDFW
6404 WTVJ (now blank screen, and I don't know what it is.)

Bones and Alias are in HD 16x9. Close enuf for government work.

I had to do a Switch Check and download new EPG to see the program guide for the four new HD stations from Dallas.

They can also be re-mapped as follows:

WFAA (ABC): 6383 ---> 008-00
KTVT (CBS): 6384 ---> 011-00
KXAS (NBC): 6385 ---> 005-00
KDFW (FOX): 6386 ---> 004-00

So they fit nicely alongside their OTA counterparts if you can get 'em. I'm so pleased that we've got these now. Even though I have an antenna on a 50' tower, I'm ~75+ miles from the towers, and am more susceptible to weather fade (and CBS [OTA] was never reliable). Plus, it expands the tuner possibilities.

In case anyone doesn't know how to re-map, its 'menu-6-9-Sat Locals-HD Priority'

Thanks DISH!

just noticed at 10:30 PM watching Letterman

Good timing for me. I got the 622 two days ago. THe volume is going in and out though and I noticed that on the Voom channels tonight as well.

I've noticed that the DFW HD LiL's seem to be a little "laggy" in the frame rate dept. I don't know how else to describe it. It's not exactly "jittery", but it's not as smooth as OTA HD or E* SD. I suspect this is probably MPEG-4 related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)