hd locals in dallas/fortworth?

M

mdl23

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 28, 2004
We're in the middle of Q2. Any news of when Dallas/Fort Worth will be receiving hd signals on locals?:confused:

drsiebling

drsiebling

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 17, 2005
I'm very interested in the answer to this question. We desperately NEED HD Lil in Dallas. Channel 8 just doesn't ever cooperate with me. I don't think I'm alone with that problem.

Watching LOST in SD SUCKS!

DishBacker

DishBacker

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 22, 2004
DFW Area
The DFW HD locals have recently been uploaded to a Echo X spot beam. unknown of when they will be activated.

StevenD

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
n
drsiebling said:
I'm very interested in the answer to this question. We desperately NEED HD Lil in Dallas. Channel 8 just doesn't ever cooperate with me. I don't think I'm alone with that problem.

Watching LOST in SD SUCKS!
You're not alone. WFAA-DT sucks for anybody north or west of downtown Dallas it seems.

BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Orobably only a week or 2 now. They've been given a spot on 110...

Widescreen

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
Getting WFAA over sat is the only reason I'd be interested in getting a 622. I've tweaked my antenna so that I'm getting 95 signal strength on WFAA on my 942 and the picture STILL breaks up several times an hour. :mad:

M

mdl23

Sep 28, 2004
ota

I receive HD through OTA in the Dallas/Forth Worth area and by the way LOST is awesome in HD. I'm tired of the signal breaking because of my attic attena is moving due to a strong north wind. I am getting the 622 installed Monday 5/8 and I'm hoping Dish has their signal set up by then but I'm probably asking too much. :tux:

MurphieNB

MurphieNB

Dec 2, 2005
Edom TX
mdl23 said:
We're in the middle of Q2. Any news of when Dallas/Fort Worth will be receiving hd signals on locals?:confused:

With the exception of WFAA-HD, they have been available since early December. There is another recent thread that suggests Belo has reached an agreement with DirecTV for WFAA-HD, but I'm not getting it yet.

boba

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
MurphieNB said:
With the exception of WFAA-HD, they have been available since early December. There is another recent thread that suggests Belo has reached an agreement with DirecTV for WFAA-HD, but I'm not getting it yet.
Check your H20 it was up there today.:)

R

RuralSatGuy

Apr 30, 2005
NE Texas - Dallas DMA
It is 7:01 pm C.D.T. on Wed, the 10th. The following Dallas HD is now listed on my ALL HD Favorites and viewable on my Sammy:
6383 WFAA ABC
6384 KTVT CBS
6385 KXAS
6386 KDFW
6404 WTVJ (now blank screen, and I don't know what it is.)

Bones and Alias are in HD 16x9. Close enuf for government work.

I had to do a Switch Check and download new EPG to see the program guide for the four new HD stations from Dallas.

120inna55

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
They can also be re-mapped as follows:

WFAA (ABC): 6383 ---> 008-00
KTVT (CBS): 6384 ---> 011-00
KXAS (NBC): 6385 ---> 005-00
KDFW (FOX): 6386 ---> 004-00

So they fit nicely alongside their OTA counterparts if you can get 'em. I'm so pleased that we've got these now. Even though I have an antenna on a 50' tower, I'm ~75+ miles from the towers, and am more susceptible to weather fade (and CBS [OTA] was never reliable). Plus, it expands the tuner possibilities.

In case anyone doesn't know how to re-map, its 'menu-6-9-Sat Locals-HD Priority'

Thanks DISH!

M

mdl23

Sep 28, 2004
just noticed at 10:30 PM watching Letterman

Good timing for me. I got the 622 two days ago. THe volume is going in and out though and I noticed that on the Voom channels tonight as well.

120inna55

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I've noticed that the DFW HD LiL's seem to be a little "laggy" in the frame rate dept. I don't know how else to describe it. It's not exactly "jittery", but it's not as smooth as OTA HD or E* SD. I suspect this is probably MPEG-4 related.