HD Locals in Grand Rapids, MI ??

jhusted

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
I currently have Comcast and it sucks and is way over priced. So I'm looking in to DishNetwork and Directv and seeing what they have to offer. I noticed DishNetwork doesn't have my Local HD channels. If they did, I think I would go that way. Does anyone know when they will have the HD Locals for Grand Rapids Michigan ?

Thanks for your time guys....

I live outside of Caledonia and I'm hoping to see E* introduce HD locals to our market as well. Right now I'm getting good OTA HD reception using a rather large fixed mount multi-element antenna in my attic.

E* is claiming they'll have HD locals in 100 markets covering 85% percent of the country by December 2007 as posted on the Charlie Chat recap here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/98760-charlie-chat-recap-june-11th-2007-a.html

I'd say we stand a pretty good chance since the greater Grand Rapids market is the 38th largest DMA in the United States.

DMA Overview

My neighbor has D* HD and I'm not impressed.

I have to keep comcast till Oct. then i'm out! So I hope it happens by that time. Good deal, thanks for the info....

E* is claiming they'll have HD locals in 100 markets covering 85% percent of the country by December 2007 as posted on the Charlie Chat recap here:

I believe that what was said is that they will have the two satellites launched by December 2007. No mention in this chat as to when this new service will be made available.

I believe that what was said is that they will have the two satellites launched by December 2007. No mention in this chat as to when this new service will be made available.

Exactly. The way dish is rolling out HD locals I would not count on them untill 1 year from now.

Grand Rapids Mich Local HD ??

I was wondering once again, if anyone might know when this is going to happen? ETA???? Never? Next month?

Why is Dish so slow at getting this out to smaller markets??

Just wondering.

Thanks for your time.

Or get a box that can decode clear-QAM from your cable line. Your HD locals should be available to you with that for no monthly fee.

I live in Kalamazoo and currently have Charter (former dish sub) and I get all the locals in HD and more with plain old lifeline cable.

Check out the GR/KZO/BC OTA thread over at avsforum.com for more info on the stuff available in the clear on cable locally
Grand Rapids, MI - HDTV - AVS Forum

Last edited: