HD locals in Kansas City?

brian913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone know or have a list of when certain cities will get their local HD channels from satellite instead of OTA? I live in Olathe KS (66062) about 10 miles or so from kansas city.

brian913 said:
Does anyone know or have a list of when certain cities will get their local HD channels from satellite instead of OTA? I live in Olathe KS (66062) about 10 miles or so from kansas city.
KC is one of the original planned for this year. 5 are now available, 7 more uplinked, and should be available soon.
There is no list of when each city will become available, other than the original planned for this year.
The cities still remaining are: (in no specific order)
Cleveland, Memphis, San Diego
Austin, Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, San Francisco
Baltimore, Detroit, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Seattle
Greenville SC, Portland OR, Spokane
Buffalo, Houston, New Orleans, Providence, Springfield MO
Burlington, Indianapolis, Norfolk, Raleigh, St. Louis
Charlotte, Jacksonville, Sacramento, Tulsa
Cincinnati, Kansas City, Oklahoma City
Louisville, Orlando, San Antonio

Let me ask a question. I currently receive the KC locals even though I live 100 miles West of Topeka, with KC being 60 miles East of Topeka. I have never had a SuperDish installed to get the Topeka locals. Plus, i rprefer the KC's as I can get Topeka OTA. Now my question, when KC goes live with HD locals will I just start getting them? Or will I have to subscribe to the HD pak, which I currently do not get? Or will I then be forced to the SD and Topeka locals?

If you're getting the KC SD locals on satellite now, that will get you the HD version, but they'll be on another satellite and you'll need an MPEG4 receiver, and if you do the lease upgraded, you'll have to get Dish HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts