Information Concerning the DISH 622

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Hey this is Claude Greiner from the DISHStore, reporting for Satelliteguys!

I just got off the phone with one of my contacts at DISH Network a few minutes ago and I have confirmed that they do have Model 622's in their warehouse.

However there are a few issues......

First of all the software for these receivers is not ready to be released, which means the inventory that is available is currently on hold for 14 days. Second of all, since there is only 250 units available Nationwide at all (6) Echosphere Distribution centers, there is less than 40 units available per location, meaning that they will be allocating 1 per dealer when the product is finally released.

In addition you might have also seen some of the ebay listings for the DVR 622, they can't get any product either. So if you bid on one, don't be surprised if they can't deliver what they are selling!

Please do not call the DISHStore or your local retailer asking about product availability, because they do not know anything more than what is posted here.

The good news is that if you want to become a new DISH Network customer, meaning you have never had DISH Network service in the past, the DISHStore can take order and get you an installation date. The lease upgrade Fee is $299, in addition as always the DISHStore is waiving the initial $49.99 activation Fee when you take an 18 month committment. This means you pay $0 upfront and get $49.99 back on your first bill, which effectivly makes a DVR 622 $249.

Currently we are scheduling new installations for first time customers 14-21 days in advance.

Other than that, DISH Network officially raised their prices today. Please click on the link below for an easy to use cheat sheet to understand the new pricing...

http://www.dishretailer.com/dishstore/dishprice.xls (Standard Pricing)
http://www.dishretailer.com/dishstore/hdprice.xls (HDTV Pricing)
http://www.dishretailer.com/dishstore/dvrprice.xls (DVR Pricing)

There are a few key changes that you should be aware of...

#1 The additional receiver access fee for all HD Receivers is now $6/mo

#2 The DVR Fee was increased from $4.98 to $5.98/mo

#3 If you have an HDTV receiver Model 211, 411 or 622 and do not subscribe to HDTV Programming there is a $6 monthly service charge

Do you have information on the OTA antenna that is offered for $49?
Is the OTA antenna only available via retailers and not through Dish?
What part of the country does Dishstore do installations?

I've heard talk of people that ultimatly want the 622 but can't get them yet being allowed some sort of deal on the 211 right now which would be RMA'd when their 622 became available. Is there any truth to that and if so, is it something you dealers can offer?
Thanks

The HDTV pricing looks strange:
Dish Gold HD Pack with Locals and 3 Premium Packages = $105.98
Dish Gold HD Pack with Locals and 4 Premium Packages = $104.99 which is the same price as the Dish Platinum HD pack with Locals.

Claude Greiner said:
#3 If you have an HDTV receiver Model 211, 411 or 622 and do not subscribe to HDTV Programming there is a $6 monthly service charge
How is this different from the $6/mo MPEG-4 receiver fee which I'm being charged for the HD Platinum package I just signed up for?

rjruby said:
The HDTV pricing looks strange:
Dish Gold HD Pack with Locals and 3 Premium Packages = $105.98
Dish Gold HD Pack with Locals and 4 Premium Packages = $104.99 which is the same price as the Dish Platinum HD pack with Locals.

It has always been like that for the most part so it is better just to go with the everything packs and get all the programing then to try and peace together a package to try and get everything . and with the evrything packs they give ya a small discount for buying the works

I have read and re-read the original post and I still don't have a clear-cut answer as to why I'm being charged $6/mo for the 622 with HD Platinum I signed up for. Single receiver, connected to a phone line. Is this unique to the 622? Claude, do you have a spreadsheet that includes the 622 pricing?

I wouldnt bother now there is so much going on at the call centers that the CSR's are having trouble telling what end is up. (Besides the HD stuff they also launched the Family pack and the new DishLatino stuff as well)

Wait to you have it (the 622) in place then give them a call, chances are good that they would have caught the error and fixed it by then anyways. (BTW I should note that if you try getting it fixed now there is a good chance it could push your install futher back then it is now)

Actually, I wanted to call them try to push the install forward (they actually told me to do that). I figure that, if I convince them I don't need an installer, I should be able to get it sooner. I have superdish+61.5 and a DPP44 but they insisted I needed to run an extra line to the house...

Scott Greczkowski said:
At the moment they are calling people and pushing their installs BACK so I don't think you will have luck pushing your install up.
Do you know how far they're pushing back to? I may wait for the April 1st deal.

I decided to take the plunge and call tech support on both topics: The possibility of sending me the 622 directly and the $6 receiver fee. The tech told me that they've been specifically told to send an installer out, no matter what the current setup is, no exceptions. As to the $6 lease fee, they've been told they cannot waive this under the current promo. I decided to jump off the 622 bandwagon and go back to my original programming, keeping my options open. The tech even told me that, come April 1st, I may even be able to get the rebate that thus far we've been told will be given only to current HD DVR owners/leasers. Regardless, at that time I will decide whether I want to lease or buy the 622 outright.

The tech was well informed (in stark contrast to the people I spoke to yesterday) and cordial and he rekindled my dying faith to E* as an organization.

I am a former DISH customer, cancelled my service 1 year ago. Today, I re-subscribed and ordered a Vip622 and Vip211. I did not trade in any equipment. I received the same promotion as a new customer, except I will not get the $49 activation credit back.
Vip622 $299
Vip211 $49
Activation fee $49
Dish 1000 free
Free installation

They told me the install date would be March 5th and the Vip622 should ship in advance.

They are also running a DishHD Silver promotion for $10 off for 10 months for new customers.

Here are the fees they quotes for DishHD Silver:
$59.99 DishHD Silver
$6 receiver lease
$5 local channels
$5.99 dvr fee
$5 extra if you do not have a phone line connected.
Taxes take the total to ~ $82 a month
This does not include the $10 discount for 10 month.

I asked about an OTA antenna and if they would provide one. He said no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)