Information Concerning the DISH 622

I agree. I think there are going to be some very angry people out there who buy used 811/921/942 receivers and then find out they cannot be activated for HD. Dish is really low keying this information, for some strange reason.

I have read that some people requesting the new MPEG4 units have been shipped the older MPEG2 units instead, so it sounds like Dish is still selling them.

With Dish still selling the older units you would think that they are backing off the policy of not activating the MPEG2 HD units. If not, they are selling obsolete units - now they wouldn't do that, would they :rolleyes:

I am a little confused about what Dish considers as a upgrade since we are suppose to be limited to one upgrade per year. If I purchased, not leased, a 622 and it replaced an existing 301 on my account is that considered an upgrade and will I still be eligible to take advantage of the $299 lease with $200 rebate (I have a 921) in April?

Claude,
Has there been update with your sources on the availability and release of the 622 from the warehouse since they were on a 14day hold? Should we be expecting a blitz of them being shipped starting tomorrow or has there been other delays in this? Thanks

BCH said:
I am a little confused about what Dish considers as a upgrade since we are suppose to be limited to one upgrade per year. If I purchased, not leased, a 622 and it replaced an existing 301 on my account is that considered an upgrade and will I still be eligible to take advantage of the $299 lease with $200 rebate (I have a 921) in April?
Dish considers an "upgrade" to be something you get from them on a lease. That is what you can only get one of per year.

Purchased/owned receivers do not impact this at all.

Sorry for the stupid post but I've looked at the brochure for the 622 and couldn't find the information.

Can you record OTA with the 622?

The rumors about the 942 not being activateda are total BS.

I have bowed to some cruel 622 propaganda before but learned from 3 different Dish CSRs that Dish 942 and 811 will continue to be activated for a long time.

Kandiru said:
The rumors about the 942 not being activateda are total BS.

I have bowed to some cruel 622 propaganda before but learned from 3 different Dish CSRs that Dish 942 and 811 will continue to be activated for a long time.

Hearing something from 3 CSRs increases the odds of it being accurate information about the same as buying 3 Powerball tickets instead of one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)