Information Concerning the DISH 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is all so confusing... Dish has made this very very complicated.

-Is there a dvr fee for the 622 with the Everything+HD pack?
-Do they charge a monthly additional receiver fee for the second tuner in the 622?
-Do they charge extra on top of all this is there's no phone line connected?
-I see 411's (mpeg4) on eBay for about 350... is this the purchasable version of the lease only 211?
-Will Dish be selling the 622?

I have a broken 6000, a working 811 508 and 4700. I'd like to replace the 508 and 4700 with (1) 622 and the 811 with the 211 (or 411). What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance
Dave

-Is there a dvr fee for the 622 with the Everything+HD pack?
No
-Do they charge a monthly additional receiver fee for the second tuner in the 622?
No
-Do they charge extra on top of all this is there's no phone line connected?
Yes
-I see 411's (mpeg4) on eBay for about 350... is this the purchasable version of the lease only 211?
No 411 is first MPEG 4 receiver no ethernet port.
-Will Dish be selling the 622?
Yes Dishstore has them for $649.00

Good luck brave Beta-Testers.

Looks like, at least from Mr. Greiner's report, that Dish released another beta-tester to the unsuspecting masses. Excuse me, no working software/firmware. This sounds outright scary.

But don't despair because February to April (when E* will relese the 622 for lease) is plenty of time for the techs to figure out a fix based on the human experimental subject scream patterns.

foosman said:
They are also running a DishHD Silver promotion for $10 off for 10 months for new customers.

Here are the fees they quotes for DishHD Silver:
$59.99 DishHD Silver
$6 receiver lease
$5 local channels
$5.99 dvr fee
$5 extra if you do not have a phone line connected.
Taxes take the total to ~ $82 a month
This does not include the $10 discount for 10 month.

I asked about an OTA antenna and if they would provide one. He said no.

Hello! I am new here but I too am a new dish customer who signed up for DISHHD Silver. I wasn't told about the $10.00 discount for 10 months. Is there a page of information on the DISH website that would list that or any other documentation I can point to? Thanks!

I called and signed up today as a new subscriber. To make things more complicated I decided to go through my telephone provider SBC/ATT to get more off my bill. I have the 622 ordered through them at 299, but the interesting thing is that they seem confused on the new pricing structure.

They quoted me 36.99 for the 120 channels, hd and dvr. I believe that there was a misunderstanding. My install date is 3/7 so I will probably call them back before then to make sure I am set for what I wanted to order.

Interesting as well. They are still doing the premiums for 3 months free, which was taken off of the dish site. They are also making the first month free... in addition to the 49$ contract credit.

alamue said:
I called and signed up today as a new subscriber. To make things more complicated I decided to go through my telephone provider SBC/ATT to get more off my bill. I have the 622 ordered through them at 299, but the interesting thing is that they seem confused on the new pricing structure.

They quoted me 36.99 for the 120 channels, hd and dvr. I believe that there was a misunderstanding. My install date is 3/7 so I will probably call them back before then to make sure I am set for what I wanted to order.

Interesting as well. They are still doing the premiums for 3 months free, which was taken off of the dish site. They are also making the first month free... in addition to the 49$ contract credit.

I have SBC/ATT also and I am considering Dish. What is the discount to order through SBC instead of directly from Dish? The free premiums for 3 months, first month free and $36.99 price for AT120 should have expired Jan 31st and the SBC Dish website shows only the new packages. Did you confirm you are getting those deals for sure? If you got that today, I'll call SBC to order too!

all I can say is call and see what you can get. I think the monthly pricing is screwy fully expect that either they are going to raise it on me or that when the time comes I won't actully be signed up for hd. As far as the other stuff, at the end of the call I reviewed what the offers were... 3 months premiums, and free fist month. It seems that the 49 credit back is standard for the 18 month contract.

I printed the dish 100 dollar redemption form... but i think that in the end i won't be able to use that as i imagine it will be an sbc bill...not a dish... it'll be worth a shot though.

if you go to their website there is some mention of "finish first" bonus for up to $100... but the information on it is scant... and if you order online they don't have the 622 listed... between that and there being a lack of hd packages is why i called.

i'd certainly suggest calling them both and see what they offer.

good luck

Has anyone here gone through Costco to sign up for their service? I purchased my 921 through Costco and I asked the Tech if I would be able to return it and get my money back, and she said that it would be worth a try. (Meaning that the didnt want me to send them my old receiver.) I think when April 1st rolls around, I will order the new receiver and return the 921 to Costco for a full refund. I will have extra cash in my pocket in the end. Considering they pulled a fast one on us, I think its perfectly fine. What do you guys think?

DiabloLOCO said:
Has anyone here gone through Costco to sign up for their service? I purchased my 921 through Costco and I asked the Tech if I would be able to return it and get my money back, and she said that it would be worth a try. (Meaning that the didnt want me to send them my old receiver.) I think when April 1st rolls around, I will order the new receiver and return the 921 to Costco for a full refund. I will have extra cash in my pocket in the end. Considering they pulled a fast one on us, I think its perfectly fine. What do you guys think?

I'm sure you can return the 921 to Costco, since they take just about anything back for full refund with exception of computers being 6 months limit.

April 1st? Joke's on us....

First of all, let me say you guys run a great website, very informative. I only wish I had found out about it sooner! Now, rant on:

Last Spring, I bought the 921 from a local retailer (I know, you already know where this is going, right?) Anyway, since then, I have had nothing but problems with it. It is the single biggest regretful purchase I have ever made, and I had a Betamax! The software is so sloppy and unrefined it blows my mind.

To be fair, the 921 initially wasn't a POS. About six months after purchase, I started having problems. Initially, they were minor, like dropping locals or the inability to change the aspect ratio. Shortly thereafter, the hard drive failed.

I called up Dish (I don't think I have to tell you how annoying that "Better TV for all" propoganda got) and explained my situation. After going through all the "advanced tech support" like rebooting the system, unplugging it, making sure I had the TV on the right video input, etc. they agreed to send me a new one. 921 number two gets here and works great...for two days. After that time, the machine completely locked up, no power, nothing.

Again I call and jump through the tech support hoops. To be sure I did things right, they want an "official installer" to come out and make sure everything was hooked up right. Shockingly, it was! 921 POS number two!

By this time, I am just wanting my money back. I argued that the 510 DVR that we have had for over two years has performed flawlessly in that time. Here I buy one of their flagship receivers and nothing but failure after frustrating failure. I also said I was getting tired of moving around a 400 pound oak entertainment center housing a 200 pound TV among other gear. Request for refund denied.

Since I did not buy the product directly from Dish, they felt they were under no obligation to provide a refund. They actually suggested I try to take it back to the retailer! The problem is, the retailer ordered this unit specifically for me, and even if they replaced defective unit #2 for him, the chances of him being able to sell it were not good. Besides, it's not his fault they built a faulty product.

Their solution was to send me another unit. I finally asked, "So what happens when this one fails, too? Are you just going to keep replacing units until my year is up then so long?" I never really got an answer to that, but the CSR supervisor tried making a "new car" analogy by saying that when you buy a new car and something goes wrong, you take it back to the dealership from which you bought it and have it fixed. Essentially, that is what is going on here.

I couldn't take it anymore (or so I thought). I replied, "Yes, but how many times does the thing have to be fixed before you simply stop trying? And as for 'taking it back to the dealer for a refund' as you suggested I do for the 921, when a new car is deamed a 'lemon', the corporation that built the car buys the car back, not the dealership that sold you the car." The reply was, "Well I am sure this one will work fine."

So now we are on 921 #3. It has performed 'okay' at best, and is starting to display some of the problems #1 had shortly before its hard drive failure. I make my 1000000th contact to Dish and finally hear about the VIP622. I find out that on April 1, I can "upgrade" my 921 (which I bought for $525) to a VIP622 "lease" for "only $99" if I returned my old 921. Pardon me for not being excited to hand over more of my money. An outright purchase would be $299.

In any case, I said I might be interested. When the 921 works, the picture is great as well as the sound. But my patience is gone. It looks like the 622 is heading down the same road as the 921 with the "software" issue. But I still cling to hope that maybe they can get it right. So what other options are out there anyway?

Wow, sorry for the long post, especially for my first one. Thanks for listening and keep up the great work here!

Bryan

Installation "scheduled" for Feb 28.

:) :mad: I ordered the 622 last week as a upgrade and was told installation would be Feb 28. They immediately charged my credit card the $299. I will not hold my breath for installation.

I'm scheduled for the Friday, haven't seen 622 yet, when will they let me know they have let me down again?
how does a company take orders on something they cant deliver?
oh yeah never mind it dish

they could call me to let me know they will need to reschedule, that would be the proper thing todo
oh yeah its dish

Guess I was lucky, had a 921 for about a year and it was great, I did have to reboot it a couple of times during that time, but not bad at all. The two Motorola HD DVR I have from cable, the first two were brand new and both were bad, the second set had to rebooted about every week. My 921 was much more stable than the 811 was for about the 1st 6 months. The 510 I had probably got rebooted 5 times in the 4 years I had it.

sprintcarcrazy said:
Guess I was lucky, had a 921 for about a year and it was great, I did have to reboot it a couple of times during that time, but not bad at all. The two Motorola HD DVR I have from cable, the first two were brand new and both were bad, the second set had to rebooted about every week. My 921 was much more stable than the 811 was for about the 1st 6 months. The 510 I had probably got rebooted 5 times in the 4 years I had it.

So you're the one....:) Seriously, I am glad you had a good experience with the 921, and I wish mine was similar. When it worked, I did like it. Perhaps if it had worked, it would make this whole "upgrade" pill easier to swallow. I just hope the 622 doesn't head down the same path as the 921 did for many customers as it appears DishNetwork doesn't really stand behind their products. Where oh where is FiOS, lol?

Bryan

Last Ride said:
First of all, let me say you guys run a great website, very informative. I only wish I had found out about it sooner! Now, rant on:

Last Spring, I bought the 921 from a local retailer... ...sorry for the long post, especially for my first one. Thanks for listening and keep up the great work here!

Bryan

I'm right there with you Bryan, right down to having gone through two defective units and getting the usual run around.

...except I PAID $1,000 FOR MINE! [insert a giant "L" on my forehead]

All I want is to be able to upgrade my POS 921 to a hopefully less POS 622 and as an appology for having to put up with the 921/s I'd like the option to upgrade my 811 to a second 622 (my wife wants one for her soap and The Bachelor).

Hell, I'm not asking for anything FREE. I am fully willing to pay the $99 (with rebate after April 1) for my 921 upgrade and an addition $299 for a second 622 lease but Dish will only allow one upgrade per year.

ARRRRGGGGG!

Last edited:
SpenceJT said:
I'm right there with you Bryan, right down to having gone through two defective units and getting the usual run around.

...except I PAID $1,000 FOR MINE! [insert a giant "L" on my forehead]

All I want is to be able to upgrade my POS 921 to a hopefully less POS 622 and as an appology for having to put up with the 921/s I'd like the option to upgrade my 811 to a second 622 (my wife wants one for her soap and The Bachelor).

Hell, I'm not asking for anything FREE. I am fully willing to pay the $99 (with rebate after April 1) for my 921 upgrade and an addition $299 for a second 622 lease but Dish will only allow one upgrade per year.

ARRRRGGGGG!

I can't imagine what I would do if I actually paid full retail for the 921. I imagine I would be in jail.... Here's hoping the 622 comes out better, as I firmly believe it is bad business practice to have customers PAY to be a beta tester. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!

Bryan

Last Ride said:
I can't imagine what I would do if I actually paid full retail for the 921. I imagine I would be in jail.... Here's hoping the 622 comes out better, as I firmly believe it is bad business practice to have customers PAY to be a beta tester. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!

Bryan

I had sold my 6000 for around $500, so I guess my price could ba adjusted some. :rolleyes:

SpenceJT said:
I had sold my 6000 for around $500, so I guess my price could ba adjusted some. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Dish ensured that us 921/942 OWNERS wouldn't be able to sell our old boxes by refusing to activate them for the next guy! Oh well, I suppose wecould attatch a chain and use them as boat anchors!

Bryan

Last Ride said:
Yeah, Dish ensured that us 921/942 OWNERS wouldn't be able to sell our old boxes by refusing to activate them for the next guy! Oh well, I suppose wecould attatch a chain and use them as boat anchors!

I just checked EBay and used 921's are selling for a little over $200.

Outside of this forum I haven't heard a peep from Dish or anyone else on the plans to not activate the MPEG2 HD hardware as HD machines, or the migration to MPEG4 hardware for HD customers. I'll bet the EBay buyers don't know what they are getting into and will be spitting nails once they catch on.

I feel a lot of buyer negative feedback coming on :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)