HD locals in Mid-Michigan?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xterra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
iceland
So I come home today and hit the answer machine and it says, thanks for being a loyal dish-network customer, enjoy your new HD local channels. I get all excited turn on the tv and locals don't look any different, and it doesn't say HD in the information bar at the top. Should I call or just wait it out? One other thing, does everybody's HD signal go out all the time? Seems like I have to switch to the non HD channels alot cause that signal never goes out. Any opinions?

The channels listed in the guide should be listed as HD, you may have to force a download to have them show up. Also, there is probably nothing in HD during the afternoons except for one soap (not sure which it is). If you check some of the prime time shows you should be able to find some HD.

So I come home today and hit the answer machine and it says, thanks for being a loyal dish-network customer, enjoy your new HD local channels. I get all excited turn on the tv and locals don't look any different, and it doesn't say HD in the information bar at the top. Should I call or just wait it out? One other thing, does everybody's HD signal go out all the time? Seems like I have to switch to the non HD channels alot cause that signal never goes out. Any opinions?

I'm guessing you're like me, you get you get 110, 119 and 129.:confused: The Flint/Saginaw locals have been put on 61.5. If so, you'll have to get another dish pointed to 61.5 to get 'em.:rolleyes: Looked at the Dish website and it only showed ABC-12 and Fox-66 in HD. ??? I get my HD locals OTA but on a day like today (WINDY!!!) they're just not dependable.

Ed

BTW, I got a phone call from 'em this afternoon but when I answered there was nothing there. Guess that was what it was...................

I was having them point a 2nd dish at 61.5 when I upgraded last summer until I was told FSN (Detroit) was ONLY on 129. I was worried about 129 LOS. Now I've got two 500's and need another for 61.5 or a 1000.2 and move one of the 500's from the back yard to the front for 61.5,:rolleyes:. GGRRRRRR.......

Ed

I've got Charter right now and live in Midland. I'm looking at switching to Dish. Any good / bad / ugly about the service in our area? Looking at getting HD with DVR.

Can I still watch the Lions lose if I switch to Dish?

I've got Charter right now and live in Midland. I'm looking at switching to Dish. Any good / bad / ugly about the service in our area? Looking at getting HD with DVR.

Can I still watch the Lions lose if I switch to Dish?
Lions have been on Fox (Local Station) so you should be able to pick them up. Regardless, you are in the Local Footprint for the Lions, so even if they are on some other station (RSN or National) as long as there is not a Blackout in place (due to something like ticket sales) you will be able to watch it.

As for Good/Bad/Ugly, I live in West Michigan and have had no problems with service. We do lose signal periodically with storms, but it is the really intense storms (ones where they are breaking into programming to tell people to take shelter) and even then, it is only when the most intense part of the storm is moving overhead. We have never had an outage last more than 15 minutes total. Snow storms don't seem to be an issue (though we did have one day this past winter where the signal was acting flaky so we went and looked and the dish had snow on it. However, by the time we got something to clean it off, the snow had already fallen on its own.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

Well I had planned for them to come out today(sat), the guy just called and said he wasn't coming. Have to do it next Saturday. Funny we have to give them 24hrs notice to cancel or get charged, they don't. Does anyone else get signal loss on satellite 129? Wish I could do it myself. Must be a aligment problem cause I have no trees around.

Hey have any of you guys noticed the lack of games being broadcast in hd on fsn Detroit on Dish Network? I haven't seen an HD game on fsn-d in at least 2 weeks even though the fsn-d website says they are and my Brother is watching it in hd on Charter Cable. Tonights Red Wings game I'm watching in sd even though if I still had Charter I'd be watching in hd. I've called Dish cs 3 times in the last 2 weeks complaining but they are either dumb as hell or play it really well. They look in their guide and tell me it doesn't show it as being broadcast in hd. I tell them that it definately is being broadcast in hd but Dish is not for some reason picking up the hd feed. I'm so frustrated I'm seriously thinking of making the switch to something else.

I've been completely satisfied with Dish for almost a year and a half and even when they lost the lead in hd programming I was content to wait it out knowing they would eventually get it back but this loss of hd programming has me completely po'd and the fact that they wont even acknowledge it makes it even worse.

Sorry if my rant doesn't belong here but when i saw Mid-Michigan in the thread title I thought you guys might be in the same boat.

Got my hd locals 2 or 3 weeks ago and had to have a 2nd dish installed.

Hey have any of you guys noticed the lack of games being broadcast in hd on fsn Detroit on Dish Network? I haven't seen an HD game on fsn-d in at least 2 weeks even though the fsn-d website says they are and my Brother is watching it in hd on Charter Cable. Tonights Red Wings game I'm watching in sd even though if I still had Charter I'd be watching in hd. I've called Dish cs 3 times in the last 2 weeks complaining but they are either dumb as hell or play it really well. They look in their guide and tell me it doesn't show it as being broadcast in hd. I tell them that it definately is being broadcast in hd but Dish is not for some reason picking up the hd feed. I'm so frustrated I'm seriously thinking of making the switch to something else.

I've been completely satisfied with Dish for almost a year and a half and even when they lost the lead in hd programming I was content to wait it out knowing they would eventually get it back but this loss of hd programming has me completely po'd and the fact that they wont even acknowledge it makes it even worse.

Sorry if my rant doesn't belong here but when i saw Mid-Michigan in the thread title I thought you guys might be in the same boat.

Got my hd locals 2 or 3 weeks ago and had to have a 2nd dish installed.

Something must be up... there hasn't been a lack of HD games on FoxD-HD. I'm watching the Wings in HD right now. Tigers were HD last night. Make sure the banner has the HD logo on it. There are two channel 430's one SD and the other HD. Hope you figure it out:confused:

Hey thanks for your reply. I wonder if they screwed something up when they installed the 2nd dish about 3 weeks ago so my locals would be in hd. That is about the time I noticed a drop in hd content. Gonna call tech support right now.
Thanks

Well they sent a hit to both my 222 and 622 receivers but doesn't look like any hd games until Tuesday so don't know if it did any good.

Thanks Again

Turns out when they put up the 2nd dish I lost sat 129 which has fsn-d-hd. They're sending out a guy tomorrow. Why it took 6 phone calls before I got a support person that could figure it out is beyond me. 3 different Dish people tried to tell me fsn-d wasn't available in hd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)