HD Locals not likely to come to DISH soon

It's going to come down to a group of E* customers boycotting local businesses that advertise on these stations who are unwilling to let satellite carry their channels. Of course you have to let the business know you will be boycotting them. That might change some minds.

Unfortunately around here, when you switch from one station to the next, you get the same commercials - mostly auto dealerships.

For those interested on the Newport side of things I just got an email back from their VP that said the following:

"We would like our stations to be broadcast in HD for the sports as soon
as possible and we are working with DISH to try and get a deal done.

Our legal team is talking with them and I hope we can come to an
agreement in the near term."

We shall see.:rolleyes:

jmjunkin - this sarcasm is directed to Newport and not you.

Lawyers, maybe I can help. Dish agrees to pay x amount each month per (partial or full month) subscriber to the HD channel. Payment is due on the x day of the month. If Dish fails to pay, we will revoke retransmission permission.

Seriously, I would be surprised if NBC was not also asserting some pressure in the San Antonio and Mobile markets to get a Newport agreement before 8.8.08

This is looking less like a money issue with Newport and more like a retrans for something else.

jmjunkin - this sarcasm is directed to Newport and not you.

Lawyers, maybe I can help. Dish agrees to pay x amount each month per (partial or full month) subscriber to the HD channel. Payment is due on the x day of the month. If Dish fails to pay, we will revoke retransmission permission.

Seriously, I would be surprised if NBC was not also asserting some pressure in the San Antonio and Mobile markets to get a Newport agreement before 8.8.08

This is looking less like a money issue with Newport and more like a retrans for something else.

I dont really care what is about anymore. I have been without NBC Hd here in San Antonio for 2 years now ever since DISH got HD locals here. I am tired of it. I have an Indoor OTA that picks up NBC pretty good but it is only on my 60 inch in the family room and not on my other 2 HDTV's. My wife does not want a big outdoor antenna for OTA as she doesnt even like the SAT Dish . I live 30 miles from the tower and lose reception every once in a while. Sorry to go on but after 2 years enough is enough especially when DirectTv, Time Warner, and U-Verse all have NBC Hd here. DISH is the only holdout and is just another thing that may push me to D* when my contract is up in February but that is for another thread.:)

Dish has not been able to reach agreement with a few programming groups for their HD. I do feel for those not getting any HD locals, but a number of markets launched are left with only 3 or 2 of the 4. In the Albany area, there are two groups in particular that seem to not have reached agreement are Freedom Corp and Newport TV. Discussions with my local stations suggest they are unlikely to be on Dish anytime soon. Their stations are:

Freedom

West Palm Beach - CBS
Grand Rapids - CBS
Albany - CBS
Chattanooga - ABC
Lansing - ABC
Medford OR - CBS
Beaumont, TX - CBS

Newport TV:
Cincinnati - CBS
Salt Lake City - ABC
San Antonio - NBC
Harrisburg - CBS
Memphis - ABC
Jacksonville FOX, CBS
Fresno - CBS
Albany - FOX
Little Rock - FOX
Tulsa - FOX
Mobile - NBC
Wichita - FOX
Rochester - ABC
Syracuse - ABC
Eugene - NBC
Bakersfield - NBC
Binghamton - ABC
Elmire - NBC
Jackson, TN - FOX
Watertown, NY - ABC
Fairbanks, AK - NBC

Are there other station groups that are holding up their HD rights from Dish?

Grand Rapids - CBS
Just wondering who I would contact about not having this in HD? Does anyone have an email address I can send an email too? I have emailed the local CBS WWMT station and got the standard "We are working on a contract blah blah blah"

Thanks guys!

Grand Rapids - CBS
Just wondering who I would contact about not having this in HD? Does anyone have an email address I can send an email too? I have emailed the local CBS WWMT station and got the standard "We are working on a contract blah blah blah"

Thanks guys!

For Freedom: info@link.freedom.com - contact person is Doreen Wade - President of Freedom Broadcasting.

I have written and have yet to get a response, but the more people who write the better. I would also recommend contacting CBS and ask them why you are unable to get their programming in HD:

Sumner M. Redstone
Chairman and CEO
Viacom, Inc.
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
212-258-6000

Mr. Leslie Moonves
Chairman and CEO
CBS Television
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323-575-2600

For Freedom: info@link.freedom.com - contact person is Doreen Wade - President of Freedom Broadcasting.

I have written and have yet to get a response, but the more people who write the better. I would also recommend contacting CBS and ask them why you are unable to get their programming in HD:

Sumner M. Redstone
Chairman and CEO
Viacom, Inc.
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
212-258-6000

Mr. Leslie Moonves
Chairman and CEO
CBS Television
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323-575-2600

THANKS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)