HD locals on satellite vs. OTA

peter1377

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
so I have the 622 but do not yet get HD locals over the satellite (Cleveland), but I do get them via OTA.

Here's my question -- when Cleveland does starting getting HD locals over the satellite, will I still be able to get them OTA? If yes, then how do I know which source the 622 is using? Will I still be able to record three shows at once?

thanks.

Your locals in HD you get off your OTA should have a diffrent channel # than the ones you will get from Dish. This is the way I understand it like on the Dish your HD locals channels will have their set of channel #'s and your locals you get off your OTA will have a set of diffrent channel #'s That way you can just choose which channel you want to recored from your OTA HD Locals or Dish's HD locals. This is the way I would think it would work I might be wrong if so someone correct me. :)

Yes, the 622 will record three shows at once, one OTA and two SAT. The SAT channels will show up in the guide as 005, 011, etc. and the OTA channels will be 005-1, 011-1, etc.

Yes, the 622 will record three shows at once, one OTA and two SAT. The SAT channels will show up in the guide as 005, 011, etc. and the OTA channels will be 005-1, 011-1, etc.

In the case of HD channels via satellite, they have a four digit number, in the 6000 range, at least here in SoCal.

I get 2 copies of my local HDs via satellite and 1 OTA. I haven't figured out why, but who cares I can record 2 sat and 1 OTA at the same time. Or, on Sunday nights my wife can record DH and CC and I can watch football live.

Dish just announced that Cleveland is among the cities where customers can get an OTA installed by Dish in order to receive digital (HD) locals. I suggested, and others agreed, that that's a sign that these cities won't be seeing HD locals carried by satellite anytime soon.

In the case of HD channels via satellite, they have a four digit number, in the 6000 range, at least here in SoCal.

Yes, they are there. However, if you go into Preferences and mark to give Dish HD locals priority, they will also appear in the 0-69 range. As mentioned, the satellite HD LiL will show as (e.g.) 005-00 and the same OTA will show as 005-01.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts