HD Locals on Voom!?

PBHDinSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
San Diego
I had another appoint for an OTA.... it continues, still trying to get my antenna upgrade. Sept 4 should be it, Winegard 9095

FYI the installer told me that Voom has plans to do local channels via Satellite for launch in early (jan) 2005. Anyone else hear about this? He is new to the install game, but is reading up on all the voom plans.

HD locals on Voom would be good for me because the Stealth or Winegard that they just installed for me works pretty good but I still get some breakup on certain channels. Overall though it is a lot better since the OTA antenna that is on the roof of my apt bldg just does not work very well.

PBHDinSD said:
I had another appoint for an OTA.... it continues, still trying to get my antenna upgrade. Sept 4 should be it, Winegard 9095

FYI the installer told me that Voom has plans to do local channels via Satellite for launch in early (jan) 2005. Anyone else hear about this? He is new to the install game, but is reading up on all the voom plans.

PB- I think this may solve a lot of headaches for Voom- if it were true. But you may find that most in this forum would rather see other uses for the bandwidth. And there is that little wavier issue.

I can't see them carrying all the locals...

They might offer the major network feeds to those people they confirm are unable to receive networks OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)