HD Locals Thru Antenna - Guide

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Hi,

Quick question. If I get HD locals thru an OTA antenna, can I cancel locals thoguh DIsh and still have these appear on the guide with programming information? In other words, will I be paying 5.99 just to get guide functionality?

Hi,

Quick question. If I get HD locals thru an OTA antenna, can I cancel locals thoguh DIsh and still have these appear on the guide with programming information? In other words, will I be paying 5.99 just to get guide functionality?
No locals, no guide. Do a DVR Advantage package, locals included and you save a few bucks.

Your answer was very quick, so I want to make sure you understand what i'm asking.

I am getting locals, but thru the OTA antenna into the receiver. I want to cancel the locals I pay for that are SD. You're saying once I cancel these, I will NOT get guide info for the OTA channels?

That is correct. If you do not subscribe to locals through Dish, you won't get the guide info. If you don't already have the DVR Advantage, you can sign up for that and get nearly $4 off your bill, and it has locals included, so basically you'd be paying about $1.02 per month to keep the guide info.

The advantage to keeping that info in there is that you can manipulate the OTA programs as though they were satellite programs. Meaning you can very simply record them, etc. Without the guide info you would have to manually set up timers and use another source of programming guide (like TV Guide or something)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)