HD locals, when are they coming?

jdennis61

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Was wondering when everybody will have they're HD locals from Dish. We're still waiting. They mentioned something about Paducah, KY around 6 months ago but still nothing. Antenna signal is not always dependable.
Jeff:confused:

Was wondering when everybody will have they're HD locals from Dish. We're still waiting. They mentioned something about Paducah, KY around 6 months ago but still nothing. Antenna signal is not always dependable.
Jeff:confused:

Agreed ... my locals (Quad Cities) were mentioned coming soon last November. Then again on a Charlie Chat with 7 other markets shown. The other seven were all uplinked and now no mention of mine again. Gets frustrating as they keep adding smaller markets and D* has been here for almost two years. :mad:

Agreed ... my locals (Quad Cities) were mentioned coming soon last November. Then again on a Charlie Chat with 7 other markets shown. The other seven were all uplinked and now no mention of mine again. Gets frustrating as they keep adding smaller markets and D* has been here for almost two years. :mad:
About two weeks ago The Quad City Times Quoted the director of programing for Dish as saying that the Davenport DMA is supposed to be up by the end of the year. I know we have heard this before so lets keep are fingers crossed. :up

I'm hoping for Evansville, IN. But if Paducah gets they'res (lol) before us I could always move.

Are there are any spots on 129 that cover the QC DMA very well? They may be waiting on some eastern arc space becoming available. Previously I had heard Paducah for August or September of this year. Maybe they are waiting on an eastern arc solution there as well. The DMA is covered fairly well though by SB30 on 129W. T10 and T12 have STL and Terre Haute on them. T17 is presently unoccupied I think.

i wish they would add Springfield MA channels,i got sick of "living" in Albany and now live in "Hartford".but would really just like my locals from my city D* has had them for a while but i would never go with them.

:D I've been lurking on here for a few years looking for any news on HD locals for the Paducah,KY DMA........finally it has arrived!!!! I'll get most of the college football season and all of college basketball in HD. Just hope they stick with the 9/30 date.........here's hoping!!!! Now ESPNU in HD would be icing on the cake........:up:D:up

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/188595-retailer-chat-recap-september-23-2009-a.html

Davenport Iowa and Paducah, Kentucky are planed to launch on September 30th.

November 18 they plan on launching Evansville, Indiana.

:D I've been lurking on here for a few years looking for any news on HD locals for the Paducah,KY DMA........finally it has arrived!!!! I'll get most of the college football season and all of college basketball in HD. Just hope they stick with the 9/30 date.........here's hoping!!!! Now ESPNU in HD would be icing on the cake........:up:D:up
Getting ESPNU HD takes me back how long it took E* to light up Speed HD!!!!!!!
Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)