HD Locals

Squiglee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
We live in the middle of the mountains in western Maine and get nothing over the air.

I have read about HD locals rolling out soon. We get CBSHD but would love to get the other broadcast networks in HD.

Can we also get NYC or whereever ABC, NBC, and Fox here when those become available?

Thanks for the info...

dodge said:
When dish offers nyc locals, after the 1st of the year, call dish and tell them yo have moved, but keep billing address the same, and then you will get nyc HD localS!!!

will that really work?

You can also try and get waivers from your local tv stations to allow you to receive the distant networks. I think there is an automated system now for determining if you can get a waiver or not. Try and search on here and google for fcc waiver, or local waiver.

Someone who has gone through the waiver process might be able to give more info about it.

Since you already get CBSHD, sounds like you qualify. NYC locals should launch early in Jan '06. Noone knows yet how much they will cost or how they will be available. Watch the Charlie Chat on Jan 9 for more details :)

rdinkel said:
I guess if you have no integrity!:(
Ya, well Bob, when you find out how screwed you're gonna be by the Colo. Spgs. locals, I know a good Park County address you can move to.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. :cool:

We already have waivers for locals. I actually called Dish yesterday and the person I spoke with did not have a clue about HD locals at all even in those cities where they will be rolling out.

I will wait until NYC has them and see what happens...