Hd Locals

XL721

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
So will i need to get a new receiver come Feb 1st? or will i be able to pickup HD Locals through my current HD Receiver ?

Scott Greczkowski said:
You will need a new receiver. HD locals will only be in MPEG4.
what the hell!?!??!?!
i just got dish like 4 months ago.
man i should have just gotten comcast.

Dam, i just got off the phone with customer service. She said she doesnt know anything about HD Locals. The only thing she is aware of is they are adding some additional channels to their Voom Lineup. She said i need a new receiver to get those channels. Why the hell do i have to pay for a new receiver? The cable company would just give me a new one.

man i think im just gonna switch to Direct TV.
this is a bunch of BS.

Scott Greczkowski said:
A lot of bad information going around.

My advice is to wait until Thursday before calling in. You will save yourself a huge headache. :)

Is there a hint of something you know that we don't in that statment?:D

I just told the Customer Service Rep that i think im gonna switch service, her response:thats entirely your choice.
wow, Dish is suckin in my book.
i used to work for the cable company in my younger days, when a customer threatened to disco we would do everything in our power to keep them online.

token said:
Wait, you said you should have gone to Comcast. Now Direct TV. Make up your mind much? :)
i am goin to call Comcast and DirecTV to see what they can do for me.
unfortunately i am on a contract with Dish so i will have to pay a penalty.

XL721 said:
i am goin to call Comcast and DirecTV to see what they can do for me.
unfortunately i am on a contract with Dish so i will have to pay a penalty.

A lot of people in this group react pretty strongly to every single announcement. I've been with DISH since 1996 and I have found that you need to put a 3 month smoothing filter on every decision. First DISH will be a blessing. 2 weeks later, Charlie is the devil hisself. Another 2 weeks and its all better.

The board is good because it gives the folks at E* a chance to float stuff around and judge reactions, but NEVER make decisions on what you see here, especially if it changed in the previous week or so.

Again, give it a little time. DISH will come up with a retentiion plan that will likely satisfy you and will definitely cost less than the several hundred dollars you will lose by bailing on your contract.

jayn_j said:
A lot of people in this group react pretty strongly to every single announcement. I've been with DISH since 1996 and I have found that you need to put a 3 month smoothing filter on every decision. First DISH will be a blessing. 2 weeks later, Charlie is the devil hisself. Another 2 weeks and its all better.

The board is good because it gives the folks at E* a chance to float stuff around and judge reactions, but NEVER make decisions on what you see here, especially if it changed in the previous week or so.

Again, give it a little time. DISH will come up with a retentiion plan that will likely satisfy you and will definitely cost less than the several hundred dollars you will lose by bailing on your contract.

I 2nd that, I too was with E* from 96 until a few months ago until I moved and could not get a line of site to E* satellite's so I was forced to switch to Comcast. Cable has improved a lot and I like the cable Internet a lot and the bundling discount I get makes my Digital Plus package about the same as AT180w/locals would be if I combined Comcast Internet and Limited Basic TV with E*, however what jayn_j said is very true and if it were totally up to me and I could get a line of site to the E* satellite I would go back to E*for the bulk of my TV watching in a hart beat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)