hd looks better on 211

hopper

Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
got my new 211 in and hooked up hd lookes so much better than my 811 did this morning . anyone else noticed

Did you have to do anything other than activate the unit? Meaning, did your (or the installer) have to make any other changes like a new dish?

Just got my 211 connected today. No installer needed.. Just have to call to activate it, then the usual stuff...check switch, D/L program info, satelitte acquisition, then, wa-lah. Everything works.
Pic's in HD look the same to me....
Remaining to do, spin one of the two dishes from 148 over to 61.5, then should be all set for the roll-out on Feb 1 and we'll see what happens.
The last 2 weeks of speaking with CSR's has been :devil: HELL:devil: cause they don't understand anything. Some never heard of the 211 or the upcoming 622 and INSIST the 942 will work for EVERYTHING from now on! B.S.
Now when I call and say 211 help, I completely by-pass the low level morons and go 2nd tier where they have been very friendly and quite patient and helpful.
So, will see what 2/1 brings.....:eek:

component hook ups, i thought it looked better maybe just my way of thinking new technology should be better ...one thing i was dissapionted in was,i thought i heard on the chat that the new hd channels were available for anyone who had the mpeg4 rec...i know they go live feb1 but i thought charlie said they launched at ces and anyone with the new recievers could recieve them now...........

hopper said:
component hook ups, i thought it looked better maybe just my way of thinking new technology should be better ...one thing i was dissapionted in was,i thought i heard on the chat that the new hd channels were available for anyone who had the mpeg4 rec...i know they go live feb1 but i thought charlie said they launched at ces and anyone with the new recievers could recieve them now...........

Yes, Chalie said it. But, no, it was not true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)