HD Map Down channel repeats in EPG

codton

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Waterford, CT
Is there anyway to avoid showing both channel numbers (higher and lower channel numbers) in the ALL HD programming guide? I'm tired of seeing the channels twice as I scan the guide....

yeah I would think about using the mapdowns if it was set up to hide the originals when i choose mapdown, i don't wanna use locks

OK, I tried it but I wasn't sure what to do in that menu. It gave me choices for Local channels and DISH HD. Any help out there? I didn't see anything about map down options....

You can always just make your own personalized list. Once you set it up you will kick yourself for not doing this in the past.

I cannot get this to work. There is no map down to select under Local Channels in the menu. When I select disable under the DishHD Channels, nothing changes. Do we have to reboot the DVR?

Which receiver are you using? What dma?

722 and my DMA is St Louis. I put it back to enable in the DishHD Channels under Channel Display Preferences. I did a re-check of todays timers and noticed some were missing. I checked my timers list and discovered about 6 timers disappeared. So I went back into the schedule and loaded them up again. Sure glad I keep two DVRs set up with the same exact timers. Makes it easier when things like this happens to be able to see how each other are set up. I thought this would not happen with lower map down channels! I don't have any timers set in the upper channel numbers, only the three digit channels.