HD moving off 61.5?

J

JamesD

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 9, 2003
38
0
Burke, VA
I noticed on the guide this morning that Discovery HD on channel 9420 is moving on 11/19. Is this the date when everything on 61.5 is moving over to the 105 location?
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,689
20,241
Newington, CT
No, only Discovery is moving (and its not really moving its ONLY on 110) this way they can add HD PPV back.

The other HD channels will stay on 61.5 on til the Spring. :)
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,689
20,241
Newington, CT
Yup but Echostar had to give VOOM 3 transponders so HD PPV was removed.
 
J

James Long

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2003
1,580
0
Michiana: South of the Border
Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup but Echostar had to give VOOM 3 transponders so HD PPV was removed.
Or in other words, VOOM finally got around to wanting the 11 transponders they were assigned, plus two more on STA that Echostar was squatting on for a while...

Those transponders were not E*'s to give. They were lucky to have them under STA. The FCC has been helpful.

JL
 
Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
16,565
340
Western WV
I think within a year or two that all HD content will be at 105 unless there are problems with people accepting the size of the SuperDish.
 
wcswett

wcswett

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 9, 2003
84
0
Stargazer said:
I think within a year or two that all HD content will be at 105 unless there are problems with people accepting the size of the SuperDish.

I'm not much worried about the size of the Superdish... I'm worried about low signal strength until AMC 2 is replaced.

--- WCS
 
Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
16,565
340
Western WV
The FSS satellites probably do not require as high of a signal strength to keep its signal lock when a storm comes. It has been reported from someone that has an actual SuperDish that has been testing it that it done great during storms not losing the signal.
 
wcswett

wcswett

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 9, 2003
84
0
Stargazer said:
The FSS satellites probably do not require as high of a signal strength to keep its signal lock when a storm comes. It has been reported from someone that has an actual SuperDish that has been testing it that it done great during storms not losing the signal.

I just read that report. Good news!

--- WCS
 

Similar threads

G
Replies
9
Views
1K
greenguy
G
tigershere
Replies
14
Views
3K
darrencp22
D
cjsmigelski
Replies
4
Views
1K
cjsmigelski
cjsmigelski
Scott Greczkowski
Replies
175
Views
31K
CK SatGuy
C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top