HD moving off 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Burke, VA
I noticed on the guide this morning that Discovery HD on channel 9420 is moving on 11/19. Is this the date when everything on 61.5 is moving over to the 105 location?

No, only Discovery is moving (and its not really moving its ONLY on 110) this way they can add HD PPV back.

The other HD channels will stay on 61.5 on til the Spring. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup but Echostar had to give VOOM 3 transponders so HD PPV was removed.
Or in other words, VOOM finally got around to wanting the 11 transponders they were assigned, plus two more on STA that Echostar was squatting on for a while...

Those transponders were not E*'s to give. They were lucky to have them under STA. The FCC has been helpful.

JL

I think within a year or two that all HD content will be at 105 unless there are problems with people accepting the size of the SuperDish.

Stargazer said:
I think within a year or two that all HD content will be at 105 unless there are problems with people accepting the size of the SuperDish.

I'm not much worried about the size of the Superdish... I'm worried about low signal strength until AMC 2 is replaced.

--- WCS

The FSS satellites probably do not require as high of a signal strength to keep its signal lock when a storm comes. It has been reported from someone that has an actual SuperDish that has been testing it that it done great during storms not losing the signal.

Stargazer said:
The FSS satellites probably do not require as high of a signal strength to keep its signal lock when a storm comes. It has been reported from someone that has an actual SuperDish that has been testing it that it done great during storms not losing the signal.

I just read that report. Good news!

--- WCS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)