HD Network Waivers and Availability?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ComcastOgre

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Saint Marys, Ohio
Hey everybody. I am scheduled to get DirecTV installed tomorrow. It would have been a little later, but a little whoopsey with the Dish 6000 while rearranging after taking down Christmas decs pushed it up a bit. LOL. We can't go without HD when there are 3 HD TV's in the house.

I have a question concerning the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX HD feeds. I currently have ABC and FOX distant networks on Dish Network. I know that the SHVERA has changed some things, and IIRC it will take away my distant networks come January.

My question is whether I can put in waivers for ABC and FOX (SD & HD) for DirecTV again or if there is some way to contact my station so I may be allowed to get the feeds in HD...and SD for that matter. ANY help or suggestions would be appreciated. I can't "move" so that I'm eligible, so that's out of the window. Thank you very much for any help guys.

If your locals are available on D* then no you cannot apply for waivers. Even though this is "wrong" you'd have to move to a white area that does not have locals on D* to get your networks, or move to NYC or LA. How come an antenna doesn't work?

I have an antenna with a rotator, but Voom messed it up when they uninstalled their stuff. Would my DirecTV installer tomorrow be willing to hook the antenna back up if he were paid extra?

If he is installing an HD receiver for you, and you already have everything installed and run into the house from your OTA, it should be included in his basic install.

The thing is that the line is next to the receiver, but the installer would have to go up to the antenna and reconnect the wire there. Due to the ice storm here in Indiana, I'm delayed in Indiana.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)