HD Newbie...Equipment and Programming Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
Ok...I currently have a 501dvr with legacy Quad LNB with Dish 500. I was thinking about upgrading my DVR to either 625 or 622 using Dish n it Up promo and had some questions. I currently do not have a HD TV but plan on within 12 months. I know there are limitations using the Dishnitup promo so i want to get the correct equipment now.. If i upgrade my 501 to a 625 using the promo...Am i able to upgrade to the 622 when i want or do i have to wait xx months?

if i upgrade now to a 622, i believe my Dish has to be changed to a 1000.2. If i do not have a HDTV now, do i have to pay for HD programming or any other addtional monthly Dish charges? I wasnt sure if i can have a HD reciever but not have any HD programming. My local channels offer HD but over the air only(i think over the air only). If i purchase an OTA antenna, how does the antenna get connected to the HDTV? I read some posts about a DIplexor...is this the correct way to connect an antenna? Does the OTA go through the 622? How do i select the OTA channels? Sorry for all the questions but the HD set up is new to me.

In order to receive the $50 rebate for the 622, you have to subscribe to HD package. How long you have to have it, I am not sure. If you dump the HD pack, you will be charged a monthly fee, the amount I do not know at the moment. Someone will chime in. OTA channels go through the 622 to the TV. You can also use a regular splitter, off your antenna coax to go into both the 622 and TV for added flexibility. For example, my city does not have HD locals on the sat. So, if I want to record one OTA on the 622 and watch another OTA through the TV, I can.
Also, you are only allowed one DIU per year. So if you got a 625, you would have to wait to lease a 622. I would go for the 622 now if it were me.

What's your location Tecboy? I started with nearly the same setup as you almost a year ago (PVR508, PVR721, Dish500 @ 110/119, Legacy Quad). I'm in Delaware and got the 622 w/ HD programming (but I got an HDTV). I ended up adding another Dish500 @ 61.5 w/ DishPro Dual, replacing the Legacy Quad w/ DishPro Plus Twin, and the 61.5 feeds into the DPP Twin that gives me two feeds that I can use the DPP Separator for the dual tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)