HD On AZ Box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
So far I am really enjoying my Ultra! :D
The channels come in wonderful and the picture quality is super! :)
One question about the HD channels.
While I was using my Coolsat 8000, I would know that the signal is HD when I press the INFO buttion.
Now that I am using the Ultra, there doesn't seem to be any indication that I am getting the HD signals. When I go to a channels that is suppose to be HD, there is a info bar at the bottom of the screen. The letter A would be lite up, along with D, but the HD isn't lite up. Say, I go to one of those LPBS channels that would have the LPBSHD logo on its screen, I would not see the HD lite up. I am getting the picture ok, but am I getting it in HD?
I get excellent signal and quality signals from my dish.
Do I need to set something on the Ultra to enhance the HD?
I blindscan every satellite and bring in channels.

"So far I am really enjoying my Ultra! :D
While I was using my Coolsat 8000, I would know that the signal is HD when I press the INFO buttion.
Now that I am using the Ultra, there doesn't seem to be any indication that I am getting the HD signals. When I go to a channels that is suppose to be HD, there is a info bar at the bottom of the screen. The letter A would be lite up, along with D, but the HD isn't lite up. Say, I go to one of those LPBS channels that would have the LPBSHD logo on its screen, I would not see the HD lite up. I am getting the picture ok, but am I getting it in HD?
I blindscan every satellite and bring in channels. "

hi :) i had a similar question a while back. yah it sucks that the AZ doesn't give that info automatically. you can do it manually however. i don't have an ultra i have the premium + but i can answer your questions. yes you're getting the HD channels. since you mentioned it the LPBHD # 4 channel is HD on 125.0w amc1. it scans as LPBHD on my AZ. go to that channel by going to the TV menu and select that channel. after you have that channel locked in with a picture press the "ok" button on the remote. That should bring up a black and white colored list with your channels on the screen and the blue box cursor should be around the LPBHD channel. now press the "menu" button on the remote. (it's the one above the left arrow button). that should bring up a second black and white list with the title edit. the choices should be lock,skip,delete,insert HD flag,fix interlace, add to ...etc. move the blue box cursor down with the down arrow key to the insert HD flag line. then press the "ok" button and the lists should disappear and the picture should be on with the info bar and the blue HD logo flag should be on. unfortunately you're gonna have to do it for every HD channel unless someone knows an easier way.

good luck

Last edited:
Thank you for this tip, beavs! Whether the channels are SD or HD, it is excellent! I am really enjoying this receiver. It gives great pictures, as good or BETTER than 4DTV.

Thamks Putney for the tip. You're welcome MRFtaMan. I can't take credit since all i did was search this site for the answer another member figured it out. glad to hear you're enjoying your AZ. i love mine in spite of its minor problems :)

"So far I am really enjoying my Ultra! :D
I blindscan every satellite and bring in channels. "

hi :) i had a similar question a while back. yah it sucks that the AZ doesn't give that info automatically. you can do it manually however. i don't have an ultra i have the premium + but i can answer your questions. yes you're getting the HD channels. since you mentioned it the LPBHD # 4 channel is HD on 125.0w amc1. it scans as LPBHD on my AZ. go to that channel by going to the TV menu and select that channel. after you have that channel locked in with a picture press the "ok" button on the remote. That should bring up a black and white colored list with your channels on the screen and the blue box cursor should be around the LPBHD channel. now press the "menu" button on the remote. (it's the one above the left arrow button). that should bring up a second black and white list with the title edit. the choices should be lock,skip,delete,insert HD flag,fix interlace, add to ...etc. move the blue box cursor down with the down arrow key to the insert HD flag line. then press the "ok" button and the lists should disappear and the picture should be on with the info bar and the blue HD logo flag should be on. unfortunately you're gonna have to do it for every HD channel unless someone knows an easier way.

good luck

The problem with this is... it tells you nothing. You can insert the HD flag on a SD channel and it will make the HD light come on. It WILL NOT make the channel HD. Plain and simple. It's either HD or it's not. We are simply receiving whatever signal the broadcaster is putting out.

I suggested a software change to show whether it's HD or not in the Azbox.com forums probably a year ago. They had a suggestion thread there. Nothing ever came of it. The Az has had so many issues to deal with they haven't gotten to this apparently. Maybe they couldn't care less. Maybe they didn't even see it. I don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)