HD on TV2.....please help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yjfanatic

Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
What's up guys? I know this has probably been covered at least a hundred times, but I couldn't find a thread that was specific to my needs and I was wondering if anyone coulp help.

I have two vip722 receivers and 4 TV's. The receiver in my den controls TV1, 50" HD, and TV2 in my bedroom, a 42" HD as well. The second receiver controls the TV in my front living room, and the TV on the back deck, neither of which are HDTV's. I want HD in my bedroom, without getting another receiver. I know that both outputs on the receiver are "hot", but I don't want to lose the capability of watching separate programs in the den and my bedroom. I've also read of people running an HDMI to TV2, but my question is, can I leave to coaxial hooked up and still watch separate programming in SD, even though there will be two inputs? Also, since neither TV's on my second receiver are HD, I've thought about bringing the other receiver in my bedroom, but if I do that I will lose the capability of sharing my DVR between the two. Are there any alternatives other than what I've mentioned? What's going to be best for my situation?

Thanks in advance for any input you guys may have......

Shannon

They are where the cables come together they look like cable splitters they should say diplexer on them look at your dish follow the cables you will find the diplexers.
Diplexer

Dish-----------sat in
Tv 2-------------house

Depending on your install. Your cables should come off the dish and go to a ground block. From the ground block a cable will go to the diplexor. Commonly it's blue and looks identical to a splitter. As previously mentioned swap the in/out and the uhf/VHF connections. Then relocate the rcvr.

I'm reading you question a little more in-depth .Yes you can run hdmi to your bedroom if it is close enough.use rgb component cables for the tv hooked to the receiver .then run hdmi cable to tv into your bedroom .you can then control your bedroom tv with both remotes hd with remote one sd with remote 2.If hdmi run is too long you may need a hdmi 2 cat5 conversion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)