HD Only: 17 New HD - 16 Removed HD = 1 HD Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
LMAO! Just evaluate for yourself!

For me, I will miss Rave, Monsters, and Big 10 (just a little bit during football season). I watched Rave and Monsters probably 30% of the time that the TV was on in my house. Of the 17 channels that Dish launched Monday, I will not watch any of them on a regular basis. Loss for me...YES.

It is amazing how Dish manages to convince customers that giving you two quarters for a dollar is a great deal for you in the long run.

HD Ultimate subscribers were the ones that really got screwed. I'm willing to bet MOST HD Only people are happy about the change. HD Ultimate simply gets less OVERALL programming for their money...period.

But no one is required to subscribe to HD Ultimate, so no one "got screwed".

If the remaining HD Ultimate channels are not worth $10 to a subscriber, then they will simply downgrade to HD Essentials.

Another way of looking at it is simply that the HD Ultimate package went away, and instead there is a different package available - which has the same name. You can subscribe or not, just the same as Showtime.

Personally, I'm waiting until Team Summit is over, and if there is no word of additions to HD Ultimate, then I will probably downgrade to Essentials myself - unless they lower the price to $5 to match D*'s similar package.

I just dropped my HD Ultimate package and went with HD essentials. Got charged $5 for the pleasure of getting f***ed over. Thanks, Dish.

I just dropped my HD Ultimate package and went with HD essentials. Got charged $5 for the pleasure of getting f***ed over. Thanks, Dish.

I'll be right there with you Tony. They charge you for this drop? What is the difference between Ultimate and Essentials?

I do not live in a Big 10 state and I am still getting Big 10 Network. I have the Sports Pack however.

People have gotten that waived when they have called in to complain about Voom.

I'm personally waiting until the end of team summit and then I'll make my decision. They downgraded the package which will force me to downgrade my service, so I'll be arguing if they try to charge me the fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)