' HD Only Package ' Has Much Added SD Content

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FCom911

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2008
I'm an HD Only Package customer...

I was flipping through 'All Subscribed' and noticed a ton of SD channels. Much of the shopping, religious, educational, and public access channels are back up and running within the HD Only Package. Take a look...

My theory, they must be added to the HD Only package as inclusive basic services by contractual carriage agreements.

The shopping channels pay Dish to be there. The more packages they are in, the more Dish can charge them. The PI channels don't really cost anything (AFAIK) so why not throw them in too. Some SD channels are there for a "free preview" month, and some (like CNN) are just there because Dish decided to put them there.

Some (like the ESPN Alt channels) I have no idea why they are there. That may be your contractual agreements.

I'm an HD Only Package customer...

I was flipping through 'All Subscribed' and noticed a ton of SD channels. Much of the shopping, religious, educational, and public access channels are back up and running within the HD Only Package. Take a look...

My theory, they must be added to the HD Only package as inclusive basic services by contractual carriage agreements.

The DishHD, HD Only package has had a lot of those SD channels from the beginning. As pointed out, the PI channels are carried as required and will probably be SD for long time to come. I just lock them all out and then I just stick to the ALL HD program guide.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)