HD ONLY Package Pricing at Dish Network..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
So that no one be surprised this is the actual pricing if you are not carrying any core programming and just the HD Pack + VOOM10. This only applies if you own the receiver and equipment. No leasing.

$5.00 fee because you are not carrying any core packages.
$5.00 fee for each additional receiver
$10 fee for the HD Pack (which is a requirement)
$5.00 fee for Voom10

Total per month (pre-tax, if applicable) = $25.00

This will apply whether you want only Voom10 or not.

In order to get the HD Pack + Voom10, you need two dishes pointing at 110/119 and 61.5 with a multiswitch. If you want only the Voom10, you need a 61.5 dish (East) or 148 (West--as of today V10 not yet on bird). In both cases you need to own your equipment.

Depending on the amount of receivers and whether you want a HD DVR this configuration may change.

I'm not sure about the $5 fee for each receiver. I have only Dish HD pack for over a year now and never paid that fee nor I was asked to. I have just one receiver. Maybe you wanted to say $5 fee for each additional receiver?

Conjuror said:
I'm not sure about the $5 fee for each receiver. I have only Dish HD pack for over a year now and never paid that fee nor I was asked to. I have just one receiver. Maybe you wanted to say $5 fee for each additional receiver?

I think you are correct... Since I re-activated an additional receiver.

I am calling today, back to E* I go and the only reason is the MonstersHD channel.

Sean, when you say you must "own the equipment", what equipment are you referring to and what cost? I have never had E* before. I am definitely interested in the "HD ONLY" package.

All I would want is one HD DVR, and I assume the DVR acts as the receiver, right? So, would I buy ONE DVR/receiver and TWO dishes? How much is that? Is there anything else to buy? TIA...

To buy the DVR is $699
2 Dishes would probably be $200

You can price it out at Dishstore

Now that there's all this HD content I'm think of finally springing for the HDDVR, heck I paid $860 in programming costs alone last year, so if I knock my bill down to only $5 a month with credits and buy a dVR it would be worth it. I just hope they'd upgrade my owned DVR to an owned MPEG4 box, at least that'ss what I'm banking on

Sean, since the 148-bird is not working yet does that mean that with the proper receiver we could just use our current VOOM dish since it is pointed at 61.5? If so please give me the name of the receiver I should get. I understand you can buy used ones on eBay. Also, as I understand, since I am on the West Coast the VOOM pack will eventually be moved to 148?

1080iBeVuMin said:
Sean, when you say you must "own the equipment", what equipment are you referring to and what cost? I have never had E* before. I am definitely interested in the "HD ONLY" package.

All I would want is one HD DVR, and I assume the DVR acts as the receiver, right? So, would I buy ONE DVR/receiver and TWO dishes? How much is that? Is there anything else to buy? TIA...

You have to own the STB for the HD pack only, if you lease it, you have to have the minimum programing package that comes with the lease.

In order to get the HD Pack + Voom10, you need two dishes pointing at 110/119 and 61.5 with a multiswitch. If you want only the Voom10, you need a 61.5 dish (East) or 148 (West--as of today V10 not yet on bird).

Does this mean that if you live in West coast, you cannot voom yet?

Does this deal include the premium channels like HBO and Showtime? I thought you couldn't get the HD versions of those channels without the SD versions because of the way they negotiated their tiers.

You can get the VOOM 10 on the West Coast if you can...

RogerD said:
Does this mean that if you live in West coast, you cannot voom yet?

see 61.5. Darrell in Portland, Oregon area has been getting them since yesterday morning.

Still enjoying just OTA HD under cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

So if I can get hold of a 811 Dish receiver, all I have to do is hook it up to my old Voom dish and start paying $10 bucks a month to get the 10 Voom channels? Sounds almost too good to be true. Can someone confirm that this is all that is necessary? Thanks.
Steve

SteveC44312 said:
So if I can get hold of a 811 Dish receiver, all I have to do is hook it up to my old Voom dish and start paying $10 bucks a month to get the 10 Voom channels? Sounds almost too good to be true. Can someone confirm that this is all that is necessary? Thanks.
Steve

No, $10 for the HD pack, $5 for the Voom channels and a $5 dollar access charge as long as you own your STB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts