DISH Network Website: VOOM COMES TO DISH NETWORK!

And to think I spent more than half an hour yesterday evening talking to three different CSRs trying to get this offer. I finally reached someone through the online "chat" feature who gave me a direct number in Colorado I could call and he was able to set up my install.

Good to see this on the official website though!

CDH.

I checked out this offer and decided to go through the process of placing an order just to see if I would be charged $100 for the 2nd dish.
I ordered the $19.99 America's Top 180 offer, the $9.99 HD pack, and the $5.00 Voom pack.
Not only did they want to charge me $100 for a second dish, but they also had a $119 charge for a multi-dish switch.
What is this multi-dish switch and did anyone get charged for this multi-dish switch?
I didn't place the order.

Thanks,
Dave

Ouch! No thanks, the cable co is already doing a good job rippin' me a new one, I don't need to volunteer for the service. ;)

One Time Fees
2ND DISH INSTALLATION $100.00
LEASE EQUIPMENT UPGRADE $250.00
Digital Home Plan Activation Fee $49.99
MULTI DISH SWITCH, SW44 $119.00

One Time Cost: $518.99

-John

jgantert said:
Ouch! No thanks, the cable co is already doing a good job rippin' me a new one, I don't need to volunteer for the service. ;)

One Time Fees

-John

Signing up as a new customer, they didn't chage me the $49.99 or the $119.00 fees, and if I didn't want the 942, they wouldn't be charging me that $250.00.

seandudley said:
Signing up as a new customer, they didn't chage me the $49.99 or the $119.00 fees, and if I didn't want the 942, they wouldn't be charging me that $250.00.

You got that dead on. I also wanted the 942 so I expected to pay the $250. still cheap as far as I am concerned for what you get. O remember paying 15 years ago $3500 for on JVC SVHS Recorder that could edit.

jgantert said:
One Time Fees

-John
John, I can't recall if you were part of the DC or Baltimore DMA. If DC, a few of your locals (WNVT, WHUT, etc.) are on 61.5 and you rate a free 2nd dish. If Baltimore, you may be able to order a foreign language channel (and quickly cancel) and get the 2nd dish installed for $0. I called the people at DishStore because a) I talked to Claude and these guys know the promotions and can actually speak english. b) they will match or beat any offer you're going to get from DISH. I ordered a leased 942 HD DVR upgrade and two 811 HD receivers...here is what I got:

Top 180 w/locals - $52.99
DISH HD Pack - $9.99
VOOM HD Pack - $5.00
DVR Fee - $4.98
2nd 811 Receiver - $5.00
3rd 811 Receiver - $5.00

Details/Incentives:
1 942 HD DVR - $250 upgrade fee
2 811 HD receivers
$49 activation fee waived by DishStore (DISH will not waive this fee - receive $49 credit on first bill)
$49 credit on 1st months bill (credited by DISH even though fee was waived by DishStore)
Free VOOM dish install since I requested a 2nd dish to receive 2 or 3 locals on 61.5
$19.99 Top 180 for first 3 months
Free DISH HD Pack for first 6 months
Can change programming packs without a transaction fee during first 90 days
12 month commitment

Charges/Programming Fee
$250 charge for DVR upgrade (no $49 activation fee nor $100 2nd dish install charge)
-$9.03 (first month)
$39.97 (months 2-3)
$72.96 (months 4-6)
$82.96 (full rate after month 6)

Anyway, this is the deal for New Customers only. Regardless, call DishStore and talk to Chad...he should be able to work with you. Send me a PM if you need additional info.

Been there. Done that. Installation is Monday May 9th and then "NO LONGER VOOMLESS IN SOCAL!" Can't wait for the rest of the VOOM channels to be added.

I agree with those too leery to jump into the dish pool. Some get a "deal", others don’t. Some are told one thing, others another. Too many unknowns, too many hoops to jump thru. And too many dishes on the roof. Nasa may take notice, or the CIA?
And $250+ for "using" their dvr is over the line. Fact is, is this really worth it? When voom first came out, they wanted $700+ to join in the fun, then it was free. I'll stick with my cable, two HD dvr's @ $7.50 a month and lesser hd channels (for now). Oh, and an additional $500+ in my pocket and not in theirs. If your paying $100+ a month for service, charging high fee's for equipment is not a good move. Like I said, is it REALLY worth it? I say not.

But....
To step on my own words (above), I tried ordering online (a test actually) to see whats what.
I selected the two room "watch HD and record HD".
I selected to add voom channels.
I selected two year comit.
It listed only one $250 charge, even though I'm ordering two 942 (two room) option.
Is that how it is? $250 upgrade fee total for the two 942's?
Can I trust these figures?
One $250 charge for TWO 942's is workable. $250 EACH isnt.

Offhand, I'm not sure E* will allow you to lease two (2) 942s. In fact, when I called E* directly, the CSRs would only offer me one (1) 942 and one (1) 811 for my three HDTVs. CSRs told me the 942 would output HD to two of my sets...WRONG! TV2 output is downrezzed to SD. The DishStore provided me with the 2nd 811 since I ordered the 942 upgraded. I would highly recommend NOT dealing with the E* CSRs.

will it not be possible for the voom satellite to be "mirrored" off the dish network satellite in the near future. I really don't want another dish, but i loved voom.
this is probably a stupid question but i am willing to wait if that is the case.

Added VOOM last night

I returned from vacation last night and saw that 10 VOOM channels were available. They showed up in Red on my 6000 All Channels Guide, so I called E* and after about 5 minutes of talking to the CSR, he finally agreed that I was eligible and added them. They were up and working in 10 minutes and looked great! I already had the 61.5 satellite for Sky Angel, CBS East HD, and a few local Atlanta channels.

gutter said:
You got that dead on. I also wanted the 942 so I expected to pay the $250. still cheap as far as I am concerned for what you get. O remember paying 15 years ago $3500 for on JVC SVHS Recorder that could edit.

This is the same deal I got for my install and I also agree with the pricing for the 942 lease. No fee for the 2nd dish or switch.

My install is this afternoon. I do find it strange that they shipped the 942 directly to me. The installer is supposed to bring the 811s.

MichaelG said:
I do find it strange that they shipped the 942 directly to me. The installer is supposed to bring the 811s.

Yea, they are sending my 942 directly to me, too. I don't have it yet, though, and my install is set for the 10th. When did you set up your install, and get your 942 reserved? I am just wondering when I might be seeing my 942. I set mine up on April 27th or 28th. I sure hope it gets here before the installer!

seandudley said:
Yea, they are sending my 942 directly to me, too. I don't have it yet, though, and my install is set for the 10th. When did you set up your install, and get your 942 reserved? I am just wondering when I might be seeing my 942. I set mine up on April 27th or 28th. I sure hope it gets here before the installer!

I have had a interesting path to my install. I originally ordered on Friday, March 29th, just after the press release on E* pickup of the Voom10. The CSR didn't know anything about Voom pricing but I felt I could always change before the install. I have since called about 4 times, either to have my deal changed as the "Voom sub" package changed or to confirm my equipment order. In spite of my changes or additions, my install date never changed.

I really didn't have much trouble at all, I found all of the CSRs very helpful. I think it helped that I knew exactly what I wanted so the conversations were really quite brief.

The 942 came in yesterday via UPS Next Day Air, so obviously there is some planning on their part. I received a phone call from E* last night to confirm my install time (12-5pm).